2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

let me know what u think + advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 09:41 AM
ownsjo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default let me know what u think + advice

tell me what u think of my ram, and that ticking noise, sounds like exhaust leak when i just installed the headers, looks like the welds are a lil bad idk let me know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsFKAmOkQfw

Old 04-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Ram_Me
Captain

Sounds like a leak to me. It might not be the welds though, the header bolts are more than just known to back themselves out of the heads. I had this happen to me twice. I got tired of the leaks and got these bolts that can be physically stopped from turning. I believe they are called stage 8 bolts. I got them from summit.

Might get more help if this was moved to the tech section.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:44 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Haha, are you speaking spanish at the beginning?

Sounds like a leak to me. Could be the gaskets, the bolts backing out, or the welds are bad. If those headers are worth a crap, they have a warranty and if the welds are bad you can send them back.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:36 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

I've never seen headers installed like that with those bolts. If it were me, I would have double nutted them so the first nut can't back off... that said, it does you no good if the bolt itself manages to back off somehow... which is the same problem with regular header bolts so im not sure this method gains anything. Interesting idea though!

As far as the leaks... it does sound pretty bad. I'd suggest seafoaming the truck, and instead of watching the smoke show at the tail pipe, have someone watch the header and see where the leak is. That's what I would do to see if it is the gasket, the header itself, or the collector.

Good luck!

Old 04-12-2011, 11:10 PM
97Rampowerhouse
Captain

Originally Posted by pcfixerpro
I've never seen headers installed like that with those bolts. If it were me, I would have double nutted them so the first nut can't back off... that said, it does you no good if the bolt itself manages to back off somehow... which is the same problem with regular header bolts so im not sure this method gains anything. Interesting idea though!

As far as the leaks... it does sound pretty bad. I'd suggest seafoaming the truck, and instead of watching the smoke show at the tail pipe, have someone watch the header and see where the leak is. That's what I would do to see if it is the gasket, the header itself, or the collector.

Good luck!
+1 on the bolts the stage 8 bolts from summit. Ive had them on my truck with my headers and havent had to mess with them since

Quick Reply: let me know what u think + advice