2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

ordered my spectre intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 08:49 PM
dodgeman2289
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to me it wasnt.. ive done countless test on my truck with and without my low end is so much better with it and my mpg went up a tad bit. Even my 0-60 increased. So if it was a waist of money for you im sorry but for me it wasnt

Old 05-19-2011, 08:59 PM
J415
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeman2289
Not to me it wasnt.. ive done countless test on my truck with and without my low end is so much better with it and my mpg went up a tad bit. Even my 0-60 increased. So if it was a waist of money for you im sorry but for me it wasnt
No that's cool. Your just the first I've heard ever that actually said that your tb spacer worked. What brand spacer do you have. How much did you pay for it? I had mine installed for 2 weeks before I chucked it to the side. That was before joined the DF.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:20 PM
dodgeman2289
Captain

Ya np theres actually few of us that kept it on. Ive gone back and forth on it finally i said screw it and did some tests. For myself everyone here told me same as wut yu said. My 0-60 ive gained about .3 maybe more maybe less. And 1 or more on mpgs i bought the airaid poweraid throttle body spacer cost me alittle over 100

Old 05-20-2011, 02:25 AM
RamSport97
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad you like the intake! It's real easy to move the IAT sensor to the CAI tube if you want. You won't gain any performance out of it, but it will give you more accurate readings as long as you keep it near the TB. When the IAT sensor is in the manifold it is susceptible to heat sink which will give you higher Intake Air Temps at idle or while sitting in traffic. Just go down to Home Depot and get yourself a 1/4" NPT plug (To thread into the manifold bung) and a 1/4" NPT cap, then drill a hole through the cap and use it as a nut to hold the IAT sensor in place in the Spectre.

I also find it interesting that you like the TB spacer. Obviously it doesn't help atomize the fuel better like on a Carb/TBI setup, but I wonder if they really do help a smidgen with low end torque seeing that you are essentially lengthening the intake runners so to speak.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:40 AM
dodgeman2289
Captain

Thats cool so where would i put it in the intake tube. I noticed the tbs gives it more low end and makes it easier to get off the line. While accelerating. I love the new intake the sound of it and made my exhaust tone different revs up real nice. As for the tbs spacer well if it really doesnt do anything thats ok cause igs not hurting anything as well. it makes the intake sound better. I like it i paid for it so im not gonna waist it as a paper weight like everyone says. Just now gotta figure out that iat sensor and a way to block the metal intake tube from getting so hot from my headers. It gets so hotcant touch it without getting burnt. Lol like a stove

Old 05-20-2011, 02:41 AM
J415
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RamSport97
I wonder if they really do help a smidgen with low end torque seeing that you are essentially lengthening the intake runners so to speak.
They don't because the air essentially goes into a big "air pit" (the kegger style intake). It's just the placebo effect that's giving you the feel of more power. Think about it, if a spacer below your TB work, then by that same theory, an air filter spacer above your TB will give you the same results.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:59 AM
RamSport97
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats cool so where would i put it in the intake tube. I noticed the tbs gives it more low end and makes it easier to get off the line. While accelerating. I love the new intake the sound of it and made my exhaust tone different revs up real nice. As for the tbs spacer well if it really doesnt do anything thats ok cause igs not hurting anything as well. it makes the intake sound better. I like it i paid for it so im not gonna waist it as a paper weight like everyone says. Just now gotta figure out that iat sensor and a way to block the metal intake tube from getting so hot from my headers. It gets so hotcant touch it without getting burnt. Lol like a stove
If you really want to relocate the IAT sensor I would put it in the spectre air hat, not the tube. That way it sits right on top of the TB and won't be getting too cold of a reading. Too cold of a reading and your mileage will suffer, and you may develop a lot of carbon build up in the combustion chamber. If you develop a severe ping, put the IAT sensor back in the manifold. Because the PCM could keep the timing advanced since it "thinks" it is getting cooler air.

Originally Posted by J415
They don't because the air essentially goes into a big "air pit" (the kegger style intake). It's just the placebo effect that's giving you the feel of more power. Think about it, if a spacer below your TB work, then by that same theory, an air filter spacer above your TB will give you the same results.
I don't have one, I know its a paper weight. I was just curious.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:02 AM
dodgeman2289
Captain

You maybe right. You may be wrong. My few test i did works for me. I have more pick up with it on. Same road same throttle usage on the 0-60 i was doing on a good day a low to mid 8 with it i had a best run 7 mid to high. But its all good. Ill keep it on. And once iget my new intake manafold will work alot better.

Well if it dont work then its just a 1inch spacer lifting the tb up.

Last edited by jasonw; 05-20-2011 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Merging double posts.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:48 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You maybe right. You may be wrong. My few test i did works for me. I have more pick up with it on. Same road same throttle usage on the 0-60 i was doing on a good day a low to mid 8 with it i had a best run 7 mid to high. But its all good. Ill keep it on. And once iget my new intake manafold will work alot better.

your going to shat your pants with the sound and the grab when your floor it in second and drops back to 1st takes off like a ****

Old 05-21-2011, 01:36 AM
dodgeman2289
Captain

nice. still got alot to do.. but will eventually get to it.. just 600 is alot right now will get there one day

Quick Reply: ordered my spectre intake