2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Who has a speeding pass?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 02:03 AM
garam
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by edlucky1
I know for a fact that some armed forces (specifically the SEAL teams) do have a special license plate that gets them out of speeding.

A family friend is a SEAL and his wife got pulled over for speeding. Cop walked up and apologized for stopping her, then went back to his car and left. Pretty sweet if you ask me. Not sure about any other passes or anything, but I do know that most cops will let you off if they know your family.

I'm to calling BS on this one.
If that's all the cop did and said how does she know she was stopped for speeding?

Further more I use to drill with some LE folks from Crystal River, FL and I NEVER heard of free passes for speeding coupons. Nor have I heard of any such thing any wheres in the south east. The only thing, even remotely close to such a thing, that I've heard of was in the NY area.

As to the comment about firefighters and GA LEOs... GA does have a specialty plates that are only issued to firefighters. However that is NOT an automatic "free pass" for speeding. Any ways all LEOs have discretion when it comes to issuing citations. Like a previous poster stated don't try to give the LEO any crap, get an attitude or try to argue your case on the side of the road. Even if the LEO has an attitude! If you want to argue the case go to court and do it there.

It sucks getting stopped by the popo and it also sucks when the popo has to deal with a driver with a shetty attitude. I know because I've been on both ends. I will tell you this... it's a heck of a lot easier to give the driver, with the attitude, a citation (or four) than the nice pleasant driver. I also have had some violators come to court and tell me some sad stories and extenuating circumstances and convinced me to reduce or nolle prosequi (no longer prosecute) the citation.

BTW the radar detectors are worthless. I could catch people with them all the time. Yeah they would alarm as soon as I took the radar off hold but by then it was to late. In GA they use the radar to verify the estimated speed of your vehicle. However they may save you on some of the busier streets where the LEO is actively using it or where the LEO has it on all the time (not in standby or on hold).

Old 07-14-2011, 03:55 AM
Josh_Putman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been pulled over before and knew I deserved a ticket, but got a warning instead. I am always polite and respectful, but I think it helps having an Army Veteran plate.

At least that's my theory, and I'm stickin' to it.

Quick Reply: Who has a speeding pass?