2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Possible farewell to truck, and OT question

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 04:00 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

my RAM is like part of the family, i thought i could get rid of it, but when it came down to it, i didnt want to, i have SOOOO much invested, its MY truck, i know what she needs, i know what she has, i basically know her inside and out...its better to keep it that way then starting fresh with something that i dont know much about....but we are still going to get that corsica for $300, put about $200 in to get it a sticker, then flop it, and sell it and make a profit off it....i think that would be the best bet...

BUT, come tax time Ol' Blue may be going because we are going to invest in a 4 door truck, which i desperatly NEED....but for now shes with me, and i may keep it for a mud machine for later down the road....

Old 08-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 95RAM360
i may keep it for a mud machine for later down the road....
If you can start saving money for a down payment on the four door truck (so you don't have to sell yours for it) then this is what I would do.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:26 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion

theres a buy here pay here dealership like 2 miles from my house that has a 2003 Ram 1500 4door 4x4 4.7L, silver looks flawless inside and out, with 103K, and they want $800 down $50/wk...total $9,980...but i want something newer, i LOVE the style of the new rams...gunna gun for that....

and by the way i put gas in the corsica and she fired right up first crank, and stayed running, so it was out of gas...

Old 08-08-2011, 07:33 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion

WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

got an interview at Bath Iron Works tomorrow!!!!!!....my dad told me i basically have the job, just dont want to count my chickens yet.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:41 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good lord, you just keep bouncing from depressed to hyper.

jk

Good to know you have a job again.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:57 PM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats man and good luck

Old 08-09-2011, 06:25 PM
lane
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
Good lord, you just keep bouncing from depressed to hyper.

jk

Good to know you have a job again.
i was thinking the same thing ... Almost like a soap opera. You said in the same post you dont want to sell it, yet you want to sell it later to get a new truck?? lol. Seriously though you got to do what you got to do man, best of luck!!!!!!!!

Old 08-09-2011, 09:35 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good luck man, I always go back n forth to selling mine think ill just run it in the ground and save for a 4 door like your doing . Hopefully get a 09 hemi in a couple years where I can afford it . Those upgraded hemis have a lot of power ! I really wanna do gears for mine now before I go any further . I want to take advantage of my bolt ons

Old 08-09-2011, 09:42 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Only thing I hate is we have a 4 speed so we can't run at high speed at least with with the hemi has more power and is a 5,speed so 4.56 won't matter as much

Old 08-12-2011, 11:22 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion

ive had about 5 more people call who are interested in my truck, i told them with the problems it has 2K Firm and i wont go lower. so if i dont sell it o well...

But i did start some repairs yesterday as. Got my skid plate painted blue and mounted it back up. The vibration i found out was my front driveshaft, i didnt tighten the bolts all the way up when i put it back on, so thats fixed. And i banged out a few dents, cant really tell they are there anymore. I also painted my roof after sanding it all down...it was chipping bad, but what sucks is the blue is a little brighter then my stock blue color. Lastly i got the last piece of my CAT out of the CAT...i hollowed it out a few months ago and there has been a piece that kept getting stuck right at the exit pipe on the CAT, and i could never get it. Yesterday i got a threaded rod bent it, and cornered the piece in the cat and banged the **** out of it...revved it up and she came spittin out, now it runs SOOOOOOOO much more cleaner. and its louder, i like it.

Also yesterday i was called back to Bath Iron Works for a second position i applied for....and the guy told me that i may get in as I-02 (Insulator) which will start me at $19.26/hour, and option for overtime every weekend, or im going to get into P-10 (painting) and ill start around $17/hour.....each position i can advance and make up to $25-30/hour within a year if i pass my tests....my dad knows all the foremans there so they want me there. Just got to wait for my background check to get done, then i go for my **** test, which wont be a problem since i quit smoking that stuff about 2 months ago.

And for those who dont know Bath Iron Works is a place where we build NAVY battleships....once i get in, ill never have to look for another job, and my first week i already get 401K, and benifits...then after my 360 hour probation, i get paid sick days, paid holidays, and they are good with holidays. for X-mas, i get 2 weeks off, all paid, thanksgiving, i get 5 days off all paid.....then after 6 months i get 2 weeks vacation time which is paid. my dad has been there for 30 years and he gets 10 weeks paid vacation per year...that will be sweet. he always takes the entire month of May off for spring fishing and its all paid.

I CANT WAIT, ill pick up overtime every weekend no questions asked.

Quick Reply: Possible farewell to truck, and OT question