2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Bad experience with Arm&Hammer Essentials Glass Cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011 | 07:31 PM
stewie01
|
Legend
Default Bad experience with Arm&Hammer Essentials Glass Cleaner

So I after giving the truck a bath I grabbed some Arm&Hammer Essentials Glass Cleaner to clean the windows inside and out, doesn't work too good for spots, Invisible Glass seems to work well if I remember right. Anyways, after spraying and drying the driver inside window I noticed a film show up, if you take a credit card and scrap the window it yields the same results as scraping ice off your windshield.

So I'm working around the truck get to the front passenger, SAME thing. Either the glass cleaner brought out some of the tint peeling (I'm guessing) or something in the glass cleaner was eating at the tint (guessing, again). Unless it's entirely a coincidence.

Anyone else has weird peeling on their front driver/passenger windows?

Old 10-24-2011 | 08:30 PM
Archion
Rookie

If you have aftermarket tint, check to make sure that any glass cleaner you use does not have ammonia in it.

Old 10-24-2011 | 08:33 PM
shorty24v
Captain

I use invisible glass and all the other products made by that company. (I've been detailing cars, with my grandfather for a couple years now)

Quick Reply: Bad experience with Arm&Hammer Essentials Glass Cleaner