2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

how expensive are these trucks today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 02:20 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mopar Mike
Check your local Craigslist daily. That's what I did and I found mine with only 96,000 miles and I got it for $3,800.
That's how I did it. It took a long darn time to find the truck I wanted, but it eventually came along and an hour after the ad was placed I was driving it. I paid $5000 for mine, but it was a one owner vehicle that Auto Checked at 93 where most are in the range of 53 to 79. Mine, too, was at 96,000 on the clock.

Then the transmission started failing 2,000 miles later.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:25 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I paid $2500 private seller.

New tires and a freshly rebuilt trans, 4k miles old.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kejobe
I had a camaro several years ago and had no problem at all in snow. Although it did have the POS 2.8L. You want crap in snow, try a '79 chevy 1/2 ton 2wd, pretty close to legally bald tires, no floorboards, windows that didn't work, and no heater. That thing was BAD. Had that it high school.
I had an 85 5.0 TPI camaro and currently have a similiar corvette (no mullet sorry lol) they both suck in the snow...

Old 12-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
That's how I did it. It took a long darn time to find the truck I wanted, but it eventually came along and an hour after the ad was placed I was driving it. I paid $5000 for mine, but it was a one owner vehicle that Auto Checked at 93 where most are in the range of 53 to 79. Mine, too, was at 96,000 on the clock.

Then the transmission started failing 2,000 miles later.
lol I got mine from craigslist too....$5k... And the tranny stopped shifting the day I put it on the road! I had 137k on the clock though I dont know which truck the instrument cluster is from since by truck seems to be made up of a 95 and a 96 with a few things like a door from another.... last time I put any trust in what a seller tells me...

Old 12-02-2011, 04:11 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
last time I put any trust in what a seller tells me...
Sounds like a good policy to have!

When I bought mine (off a new car dealer's lot) I crawled all around it. The salesdroid asked if I wanted to take it to my mechanic to get checked out, and I told him, "My mechanic IS checking it out, right now." He grinned at that.

Worse things could happen than finding an excuse to buy a Mega Viper. I was going to do it anyway once we got moved and I had a garage to work in, so I wasn't too upset about accelerating the plan. I wasn't keen on the idea of paying someone else to wrench on my truck, but ya gotta do whatcha gotta do, and though the job turned into a four day fiasco I got some free new parts out of the deal because they were ham-handed fools.

Old 12-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Dycrow27
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I paid $1300 for my truck.... 129,000 miles on it my motor runs beautiful and the only things bad with my truck was one fender needed to be replaced and the hood, tranny needed a good cleaning plus the governor pressure solenoid and sensor. O yeah, TLC and some personal touchs.

Old 12-02-2011, 04:43 PM
evilemokid94
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can not stand the way the 3rd generation rams look. Only ones I like are the second generation. As far as working on them an fixing them I have no issue. Alittle more insight on my camaro. I bought it when I was 15 for $250 as a stripped down car.didnt run, needed body work, all interior was gone and bald tires. 2 years later and over 10k iv got pretty much a new car. All new paint and body. Got the old engine running before it started knocking so I replaced it, new interior new everything. Iv been into everything on that car and replaced everything myself. So I love working on cars and loved working on my dads ram. I kinda want a ram with a few problems so I can fix it like I want. Already looking at the burgandy paint codes if I. Need to repaint it the color I want. I'm looking forward to working on my camaro in the winter while driving the truck and in the summer working on the ram while I drive the car

Old 12-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion

Originally Posted by evilemokid94
I can not stand the way the 3rd generation rams look. Only ones I like are the second generation. As far as working on them an fixing them I have no issue. Alittle more insight on my camaro. I bought it when I was 15 for $250 as a stripped down car.didnt run, needed body work, all interior was gone and bald tires. 2 years later and over 10k iv got pretty much a new car. All new paint and body. Got the old engine running before it started knocking so I replaced it, new interior new everything. Iv been into everything on that car and replaced everything myself. So I love working on cars and loved working on my dads ram. I kinda want a ram with a few problems so I can fix it like I want. Already looking at the burgandy paint codes if I. Need to repaint it the color I want. I'm looking forward to working on my camaro in the winter while driving the truck and in the summer working on the ram while I drive the car
then your all set! I love working on mine too...although I preferr the work to be optional and not as a result of breakdowns...The engine is about the only thing I havent really had to replace , rebuild or repair yet besides regular maintenance and Ive only put 10,000 miles on it since I bought it!.... Its become sort of a joke amongst my family since my dad has an f150 and my unlce has a silverado... I still love the damn thing but its a love/hate relationship...

Old 12-02-2011, 05:04 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Since you no longer have said Camaro, did you cut off your mullet?
Siad mullet was cut off when I was in 2nd grade.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:06 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by evilemokid94
I can not stand the way the 3rd generation rams look. Only ones I like are the second generation.
I'm with ya there. If it's not a second generation Ram, it's just another pickup truck.

Quick Reply: how expensive are these trucks today?