2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 07:16 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kejobe
Speaking of ArmorAll, got a story.

Ready kids?

Ok.

(short version)
One of my friends back in high school bought a crotch rocket just after graduation. Babied it. Wash, wax, whole nine yards. ArmorAll'd everything he could to make it "pretty". (hears the "good" part) Even the seat. Needless to say, his next ride was more than he expected. Didn't wreck though, which is good.
(end story)

Back then I used ArmorAll. I haven't since then, not on the dash or anywhere. Now I don't even like the stuff. Just do as Zman, use window cleaner.

I've got a story of my own. My grandfather had a Buick LeSabre with leather seats, he used the Meguiars Leather Cleaner & Conditioner on the seats, well my grandmother would use it to take her brother to the doctor for checkup's, the seats would be so slick they'd all slide in either direction depending on the turn.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Mopar Mike
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend constantly Armor All's his engine to make it look clean, but every time he goes down a gravel road, his engine looks like a glazed donut. lol

Old 12-04-2011, 07:53 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kejobe
Speaking of ArmorAll, got a story.

Ready kids?
Oh gawd... when Armor All first hit the market in a big way I made a similar mistake in my '68 Coronet. The seats sure looked purty, then I made a "sporty" left turn and found myself over against the passenger door. I scrambled back across the seat and regained control before hitting anything, pulled over, and put on my seat belt.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:02 PM
Bob5151
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBlue83
lol...
thats kinda like its always my driver side wiper that goes bad first and just smears straight in front of my eye sight
Why is it every time a piece of a leaf or something gets caught under a blade, it's always on the driver side, right in front of your face?

Last edited by Bob5151; 12-04-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:35 PM
BIGRED97
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my front windshield is never clean, and its a huge PITA to clean. as long as i have on my polarized sunglasses its not that big of a deal. those things are a life saver

Old 12-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Armor All is the worst stuff to use. Yes, it makes parts look nice and shiny; however, it also dries it out, which results in cracking & breaking. For best results, use Vaseline or Baby Oil -- wipe it on & wipe it off. The parts being treated will absorb the petroleum & become rejuvenated.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:24 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

+1..... I have used baby oil on my tonneau covers in the past.