2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

My Ram has had a hard 2 months :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 08:11 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts
Default My Ram has had a hard 2 months :(

well, my ram has taken a good amount of damage the past 2 months...

First, i was offroading, backed into a tree, and busted my tail light to pieces and got a good dent on my bed...and my bed was dent/rust free....................pretty mad about that.

Second, I was hunting, and went down a snowmobile trail on the powerline...really wasnt a road for a truck....well i saw a pretty nasty mud pit, and i wanted to go around, it was a grassy area with some snow on it, and it seemed solid...well it sunk my truck right to the frame....it was a marsh area...well the only thing that could get me out was my buddies 72" high lift...well i could only get a bite on the rim...so i started jacking it up, and the tension made it lean towards my fender denting it in, ripping off a bunch of paint, and scratched it up....and that was my good fender that had no dents/rust....

Third, is kind my fault....my front driveshaft sqeeks in 2wd, and its annoying as hell....well i took some heavy duty rope and tied the shaft to my control arm so it wouldnt spin, and wouldnt sqeek....well we had a good snow storm and my driveway is steep...i was headed to work, and it was 4:30 in the morning and i was tired, and forgot the shaft was tied to the control arm...well i started going up, and i spun out right at the top....i threw it in 4wd, and it wouldnt go, so i mashed the gas, and i heard "SNAP, CLUNK, DUNG, SNAP" well my lower control arm is in the shape of a boomerang, and it ripped my u-joint to pieces...The control arm is still bent, and this was the day before thanksgiving, and its been fine....replaced the u-joint though...

Fourth, My drivers door latch got stuck in the down position, and when i slammed it shut it bounced back open, and the bolts in the side of the door had ripped the metal of the door, so the latch could not go straight....had to have my driver door tied with a rope closed for a week...well some new bolts, washers, and nuts got it line straight, but i broke the clip for the rod that the inside handle uses, so i have to open my window and reach out to the outside handle to open it.

Fifth- my rear main seal blew and my oil pressure is all messed up...its different everyday, i think thats the gauge though....

but she turned 220K and she still runs like a top....and i bought the corsica and drove it to my house...its been sitting for 2 years and it drove the 9 miles to my house no problem, car ran excellent....in the process of restoring that....then im buying a new truck in the spring...and im gettin a deisel!!!!!!!

Old 12-18-2011, 08:21 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Geeze. When it rains it pours, doesn't it. Hey witha run of luck like that, the odds are that you have used about a year's worth of bad luck up, so for a while, it should all be good!

Old 12-18-2011, 08:31 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

ive had 2 1/2 years bad luck with it....and ive only owned it 2 1/2 years lol....

but i love my truck, and i dont regret it.....ive gotten just about 40K out of it...she still has plenty of life...engine and trans are strong....oil pressure isnt really an issue since its different all the time...never runs any different though...

i could fix it no problem right now...i am just tied up with the corsica and want to finish that first since the dodge is still getting from point A to B without a problem...i only drive about 100 miles a week now since i get a van to work, and i only have to drive 3.8 miles for that....so im just gunna run it till i get my cummins

Quick Reply: My Ram has had a hard 2 months :(