2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

guy tells me my truck has no Distributor Cap and Rotor why?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 06:35 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
I remember them but never had any myself. When I was a kid a guy down the street had what must have been every PennCraft tool ever made. He had a roll-away chest that was chock full and three walls covered in pegboard with silhouettes showing where every tool went. He kept the garage immaculate, but not even his kids ever saw him doing anything in the garage except cleaning it. He didn't use his tools and wouldn't let his family use them, either. He was one odd duck.
I know some OCD people like that.... we have a couple here that seem that way with their trucks..

Old 12-29-2011, 01:21 AM
97tn4x4
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'll say he said it didnt have one cause you cant see the damn thing lol. I'll wager I'd win the one with the most crap in tool box bet. Lets see theres 3 gallons of antifreeze, 4 quarts of oil, 6 quarts on trans fluid, 1 bottle of each axle fluid, a spare driver and passenger axle shaft for the front(which i need to put back), enough tools to disassemble the whole truck, 2 jacks, various funnels etc, 2 chains in old ammo boxes, all kinds of rope, a tow strap. jumper cables, 2x4 and 4x4 pieces of wood(never know), battery charger, 4 way, 1 spare light bulb for each location, and last but not least, my tent cause you never know when you'll need it. Ive probally forgot a feew odd and things as well.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:03 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 97tn4x4
iI'll wager I'd win the one with the most crap in tool box bet.
I dunno. Starter, water pump, IAC, TPS, MAP, distributor cap, rotor, a few spare ignition wires, three plugs, et cetera... I believe in fixing 'em where they break. I've only been driving 35 years or so but I've only had my rig towed once. I might have avoided that one had I been willing to swap out a cracked flex plate where it sat.

I ain't special, I'm just prepared. I figure a bunch of us hereabouts are, too.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:31 AM
97tn4x4
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I'm right there with you on fixing it where it breaks. Everybody i know asks me why i have so much stuff in my box lol. I forgot abou the spare belt and hoses and such. I just believe in being prepared. Ive actually helped out a fellow ram owner on the side of the road get his truck running with spare parts I had in my tool box. Like 2 weeks ago on my DD i had to pull the bed off and swap fuel pumps on the side of the interstate. Always helps to have what you need.

Quick Reply: guy tells me my truck has no Distributor Cap and Rotor why?