2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Has anyone gone to UNOH?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 01:52 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zman17
Dude, it's 1:15 PM here in NH! LOL
Yeah I know... I've had the last 4 days off... kinda going crazy... well that and the lack of snow is going to my head

Old 01-02-2012, 02:01 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

Originally Posted by zman17
So you get 2 or 3 screwdrivers? Awesome.
This one cracked me up. Mainly because..... it's true..... Snap-On makes some really good quality tools, but jeebus, I don't wanna have to sell my firstborn into slavery in order to afford one wrench....... I'm gonna be in trouble though, the Sears store in town is one of the victims of downsizing..... Nearest one is going to be an hours drive away now. Damn.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Matt Nickerson
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
well, seeing that you are from mass, there is a UTI right in norwood. great school, on the expensive side, but upon graduating from UTI you get 1k worth of Snap-On tools.

i was going to go to the norwood school, but other circumstances ended that wish.
I know there's a UTI in Norwood, some of my friends went there. However, very few of them are actually doing something with their diploma/certificate (and some dropped out). And the person who actually got a good job after UTI told me I'd be better off going elsewhere. I'm hoping, since I don't know much about diesel tech to begin with, that going for an associates (instead of UTI diploma) will benefit me in the long run. I just applied for UNOH and hope to hear back within 4 weeks. If I'm not accepted at UNOH, I'm going to my CC for diesel/heavy equip.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:22 PM
mj23polaris
Professional

Originally Posted by HeyYou
This one cracked me up. Mainly because..... it's true..... Snap-On makes some really good quality tools, but jeebus, I don't wanna have to sell my firstborn into slavery in order to afford one wrench....... I'm gonna be in trouble though, the Sears store in town is one of the victims of downsizing..... Nearest one is going to be an hours drive away now. Damn.
Are they really closing that's what I've heard but jus thought it was a rumor, I hope not bc I'm I don't wanna drive an hour to return my 3/8 drive ratchet (I've broke 4 in the past 8 months haha)

Old 08-30-2012, 10:31 PM
Matt Nickerson
Record Breaker

Well I got accepted to UNOH back in January, actually I think they accept everyone anyways, lol. Anywho, I went to orientation this past weekend and the school seems pretty neato, the town of Lima on the other hand...not so much but whatever.
I start my associate program for diesel tech in October so I'm excited for that.

And I didn't have a firstborn I could sell into slavery so I had to shell out some cash for a snap-on multimeter. It's the $500 multimeter they got on the snap-on website but with a UNOH logo. Luckily the student discount applies even though I'm not attending yet, so I got the meter for $300.
But still...their prices are ridiculous, I think a snap-on refrigerator magnet is upwards of $120

Old 08-30-2012, 10:45 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Nickerson
Well I got accepted to UNOH back in January, actually I think they accept everyone anyways, lol. Anywho, I went to orientation this past weekend and the school seems pretty neato, the town of Lima on the other hand...not so much but whatever.
I start my associate program for diesel tech in October so I'm excited for that.

And I didn't have a firstborn I could sell into slavery so I had to shell out some cash for a snap-on multimeter. It's the $500 multimeter they got on the snap-on website but with a UNOH logo. Luckily the student discount applies even though I'm not attending yet, so I got the meter for $300.
But still...their prices are ridiculous, I think a snap-on refrigerator magnet is upwards of $120

ROFL! Good luck in school! In the right place, a good diesel mechanic can make some good money.

Quick Reply: Has anyone gone to UNOH?