2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Lift Kit On!! (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I will be adding a 2.5" spacer to mine as well did you need any special tools to install those? as far as my rear axle I'm going to use the shackle lift below....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/310177734441...84.m1423.l2649

Its seems a bit safer than the block stacking method and less chance of axle wrap and shifting.... It sounds like you have the right Idea being careful with it offroad...(be careful when trying to take off quick or spin the tires too if thats even something you do)
Block stacking is highly unrecommended (google it for reasons why) for anyone reading this for ideas.. And since our trucks already have such thick factory blocks it makes things unstable. They are designed to be used by themselves. I'm not trying to discredit you. The truck looks sweet, just trying to inform everyone of the facts before they decide.

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 01-04-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:56 AM
CharlieSheenWins
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by merc225hp
Looks sharp, nice truck. Keep checking the tq on those rear u bolts for a few weeks and every time after you offraod.
Thanks and I have already retorqued them once since they've been on.

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
so you say you have a Sport AND a ORE?
Haha its just a Sport but it does have the limited slip that came on the ORE, and after the lift it sits about an inch higher in the front than the ORE.

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
At least I now know what my truck would look like if I lifted it. lol
What tires size you running?
I was hopin these pictures would help someone out
I'm running 285/75/R16 BFG All Terrains

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
I will be adding a 2.5" spacer to mine as well did you need any special tools to install those? as far as my rear axle I'm going to use the shackle lift below....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/310177734441...84.m1423.l2649

Its seems a bit safer than the block stacking method and less chance of axle wrap and shifting.... It sounds like you have the right Idea being careful with it offroad...(be careful when trying to take off quick or spin the tires too if thats even something you do)
Block stacking is highly unrecommended (google it for reasons why) for anyone reading this for ideas.. And since our trucks already have such thick factory blocks it makes things unstable. They are designed to be used by themselves. I'm not trying to discredit you. The truck looks sweet, just trying to inform everyone of the facts before they decide.
If you want to make life easier rent or find a coil spring compressor: I didnt lol and had a hell of a time getting the coil spring and spacer in at the same time. You dont need any special tools; just a helper, socket set, extensions, and a torque wrench. I do recommend removing the stock shock tower and shock as one unit then after its out of the truck remove the shock tower from the shock.
I actually thought about doing a shackle lift but got lazy and decided to just go with the lift kit that included the blocks.
I understood all the bad things that could come from block stacking before I installed the lift but my driving style is hopefully going to prevent them. When I offroad I take things slow as to not break too much lol
When I drive on the road I understand that there is not many vehicles I can beat besides box trucks and semitrucks, so I dont race haha
And I never spin my tires because two of them cost more than my entire lift kit did.
The only time that I put stress on the blocks is when I respond to fire calls (i'm a volunteer firefighter in the only capital city that isnt a paid dept.)

Thanks and good luck with your install

Old 01-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

^I see. For reference. Also.

For me on doing the HBS 2.5" coil spacers (can't find the post right now), I had to disconnect the sway bar, use my Hi-lift on front tow hook, jack stand on frame, jack on axle.

All this to get enough droop (still barely enuf). Oh and all important dish soap!! You can get the spring/spacer in (bolt spacer up to hold in bucket), then soap up the rubber isolator to slider her in. (<---that what SHE said)

Also, with such sized spacers....get an alignment done.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:52 PM
CharlieSheenWins
Professional

^I see. For reference. Also.

For me on doing the HBS 2.5" coil spacers (can't find the post right now), I had to disconnect the sway bar, use my Hi-lift on front tow hook, jack stand on frame, jack on axle.

All this to get enough droop (still barely enuf). Oh and all important dish soap!! You can get the spring/spacer in (bolt spacer up to hold in bucket), then soap up the rubber isolator to slider her in. (<---that what SHE said)

Also, with such sized spacers....get an alignment done.
You fit 35s with this lift!? that means I can fit 35s!? right?! sorry i'm excited lol

thats kinda what I did but I jacked up one side of axle then used bottle jack to lower the other side. My friend was a 30 year old can of WD-40; worked WONDERS

And the alignment is scheduled for tomorrow; called for an appointment as soon as the lift was on.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:25 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wh1t3NuKle has a factory lifted truck to start with so with his 2.5 inch HB spring spacer's that puts him about 3.5-4.5 inch's over a stock height truck. Do you know anybody that is running 35s that you could try two on your truck for a test fit? 35 might fit now with some front inner fender trimming.

Edit: What's your trucks gear ratio?

Last edited by merc225hp; 01-04-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:11 PM
CharlieSheenWins
Professional

Wh1t3NuKle has a factory lifted truck to start with so with his 2.5 inch HB spring spacer's that puts him about 3.5-4.5 inch's over a stock height truck. Do you know anybody that is running 35s that you could try two on your truck for a test fit? 35 might fit now with some front inner fender trimming.

ohhh he has the ORE lol...crap. I doubt 35s will fit then. I'm considering putting on a 2" BL to fit 35s though but that wont be for awhile.

I have 3.55s so before I can even fit 35s I need new gears..Probably 4.56s.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

plus the right wheel backspacing. I've posted mine on here a couple times. You could search on that. I'm pushing it though. W/o the spacers and 0 BL, the 35s fit with a scrub on inner/outside fender at about 45* turn. Tossed on the 2.5" spacers and that cleared, no rub at all, but was within an inch. This depended on turning and any compression. It worked well for quick and inexpensive clearance. I am pushing it with my trackbar, right at its limit. I don't believe the "so-called" 2 inch ORE lift is present after all this time. My rear block for it though is 3". With the 3" BL....it's perfect.

My plan is a SL with long arms to alleviate it altogether.

Originally Posted by CharlieSheenWins
ohhh he has the ORE lol...crap. I doubt 35s will fit then. I'm considering putting on a 2" BL to fit 35s though but that wont be for awhile.

I have 3.55s so before I can even fit 35s I need new gears..Probably 4.56s.
Yeah that will work with the 2" BL, just be mindful of wheel spacing as that is the other important factor other than front to back wheel space.

Most definitely....gears.......!!!

Old 01-04-2012, 05:01 PM
CharlieSheenWins
Professional

Yeah that will work with the 2" BL, just be mindful of wheel spacing as that is the other important factor other than front to back wheel space.

Most definitely....gears.......!!!
What backspacing would you recommend if I just did 33x12.50x16 on 16x10 right now? (cause honestly i dont have the money to pay for gears and installation and I dont really have a need for 35s) I would want the tires to slightly stick out past the fender too.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm running 35" tires with just a 3" body lift...It rubs on turns at inclines though...
thanks for the tips guys..

Old 01-04-2012, 05:27 PM
CharlieSheenWins
Professional

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
I'm running 35" tires with just a 3" body lift...It rubs on turns at inclines though...
thanks for the tips guys..
No problem..if you have issues during the install just hit any of us up

Quick Reply: Lift Kit On!! (Pics)