2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

ultra gauge

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 01:07 PM
BIGBIRD85
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ultra gauge

i saw where someone was using this and wondered if it was worth the money!

pros and cons

http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/index.htm

Old 01-10-2012, 01:43 PM
chadhager03
Captain

I like mine. The only thing I didn't like was it didn't have a transmission temp but I don't think our trucks put out that info anyways. It works good and has a big screen, but the screen doesn't dim enough at night for my liking

Old 01-10-2012, 03:29 PM
kadetklapp
Veteran

I like the price. I find it odd that it's so cheap however. I had a ScanGageII and while it served it's purpose, I found it difficult to use/reset on the go and the display was way too small. My SGII was about $70 more money.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:05 PM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker

how accuracte are the readings off of this thing. and speically how accurate is the mpgs reading?

Old 01-10-2012, 08:12 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,273 Likes on 3,020 Posts

Data display is drawn from the OBDII port, so, most of it is going to be pretty close. (it may have a bit of lag, depending on how often it updates.) MPG is going to be about as accurate as the overhead display though, as it is getting all its info from the same place the overhead guy does.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:05 PM
chadhager03
Captain

Idk how accurate it is, I only fill it up half way lol

Old 01-10-2012, 10:28 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MPG on anyone's instrumentation is a rough estimation as there is no metering (unless one of them does have a metering device) device installed in fuel line to measure the amount of fuel consumed. Degree of accuracy varies by manufacturer and process time (cycle) of PCM (which I have not been able to find.

Trans temp is calculated on RE transmissions, and can be read form OBDII port (can be read with Snap On MT series scanners).

I am in the process of installing GlosShift Gauges in a 3 gauge pod on A Pillar, including trans temp (as Snap On is huge and in the way on floor as well as inconvenient to read while driving).

Old 01-11-2012, 04:27 PM
kadetklapp
Veteran

Originally Posted by gdstock

Trans temp is calculated on RE transmissions, and can be read form OBDII port (can be read with Snap On MT series scanners).
Whoa, so I can read the temp on my trans (46RE) on my truck with no mods? I dig it.

*ETA* that makes sense. My WJ Grand Cherokee had a 47RHE and had a "Trans overtemp" light on the dash. Now that I think of it, my Ram has a "Trans Temp" light as well, although I've not seen it come on. So is an actual reading only accessible with the Snap On tool or a scan tool, or will a scan gauge pick it up as well?

Last edited by kadetklapp; 01-11-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Quick Reply: ultra gauge