2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

I miss my 98!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 04:04 AM
1998ram5.9
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I miss my 98!

I was just thinkin about all the good times i had in my 98 ram. I bought it when i was 15 for 800 bucks. It had 2 diffent size tires on it needed pretty much everything in the front end replaced, 227,000 miles origional tranny and motor never had a tune up before i got it. I washed dishes for a job when i was drivin it making like 90 bucks a week but managed to fix her up myself. Got some 33s for cheep found a hypertech i traded a walmart giftcar for. God i miss driving her. Its in the weeds now needing all brakes exhaust front axle and doors. Iv had 3 dodge rams other than the 98, 2 were 5 speed manuals and none i can actualy like as much as my 98.

I was told by numerous people that for my first truck i was gonna kill it in a year beacuase of the high milleage. 4 years later that engine is solid and so is the tranny!! Theres tons of youtube videos to prove the abuse i put that thing thought. I Have 4 trophies from racing and mud bog compentions. Im in the process of fixing it up now i cant wait! Once i get my tax money im doing 3/4 ton axles and new exhaust. I just had to post this because i know im not the only one way too attached to a dodge truck!

Old 01-14-2012, 04:33 AM
joekool4
Professional

I love mine! i got it as my first car when I was 18. high school grad gift from my mom, even though i paid for half of it. ive had almost every common dodge problem with mine except the transmission. plenum is due now, dash is cracked, etc. 2 wheel drive, has 32 inch goodyears- those dry rotted, got some cheap korean 32s, not bad. now i got falken 33s (beach driving) i love em. Ive often thought about trading it for a better gas mileage car but cant seem to actually go through with it. I just love my 98 too much. talked my supervisor into getting a 98 4X4. then he moved to alaska with it. He loves it. something about 98s

Old 01-15-2012, 02:05 AM
DodgeLooney00
Rookie

I love second gen Rams. Best looking trucks out there. I was born in 89, and as far back as I can remember, second gen rams were "It". Plus, you know.... Walker Texas Ranger.... 'nuff said...

Old 01-15-2012, 02:40 AM
joekool4
Professional

Originally Posted by DodgeLooney00
I love second gen Rams. Best looking trucks out there. I was born in 89, and as far back as I can remember, second gen rams were "It". Plus, you know.... Walker Texas Ranger.... 'nuff said...
+1, it was that or a mustang as my first vehicle (parents wouldnt let me get a streetbike until i moved out) now I ride my bike whenever I can, mostly to save gas. but I hope to hit 200k soon (maybe a year or two tops) theres a 175K on it now. i got it with 107k on 07

Quick Reply: I miss my 98!