2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Power Amplifier Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 10:04 PM
B1GGRED
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Amplifier Help

So I am installing a powered amp for a sub in my truck and I have no clue where to get the power supply. I know that it needs to receive power and it also needs to go through a 60 amp fuse. How do I get that power and where do I put the fuse? I already have the 'remote power on' figured out, I just need the battery lead information. Also, can I drill into the floor under the back seat to mount the amp? Or will that ruin the seal?

Old 01-19-2012, 10:07 PM
a-master
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by B1GGRED
So I am installing a powered amp for a sub in my truck and I have no clue where to get the power supply. I know that it needs to receive power and it also needs to go through a 60 amp fuse. How do I get that power and where do I put the fuse? I already have the 'remote power on' figured out, I just need the battery lead information. Also, can I drill into the floor under the back seat to mount the amp? Or will that ruin the seal?
Head down to wally world and pick up an amp install kit. Has everything you need. Otherwise grab some 8 Gauge wire and run it straight from your battery. No other way to do it SAFELY.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:56 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ +1.

and put the fuse very close to the battery.
and route the big wire through the rubber plug in the firewall where the clutch rod would be.
and turn the amp on/off using the blue? wire from the head unit.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:23 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run the wires to my amps from the red wire in the PDC bolts in, then right along the driver fender, through the large plug in firewall then under the carpet, I go under the parking cable towards the center of the truck and up through the hole in the carpet for the power seat wires. If you are mounting amp under back seat just keep the wire going straight past the driver seat and pull it up behind the rear plastics

Quick Reply: Power Amplifier Help