2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Glow Shift Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 10:22 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you get the pod from glowshift or LMC?

Old 02-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Jimythefan
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

It's from Glowshift.

They're in, but not finished. Engine oil temp is complete. Trans temp and vacuum are next. No vacuum lines on the drivers side of the V10. I'll need to add on to the line and find something on the passenger side to splice into.

The electrical was easy. Found taps for everything on the fuse panel and used those 'add a circuit' pigtails.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:28 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Unless you are putting it the pan, get one of these if I have not already suggested. You will not be sorry. It's the most accurate place.
http://dieselmanor.com/dm_products/FTG-MFD.asp

As far as the vac goes line goes just use a "t" (I think the vac gauge comes with one), make sure you put it between the intake manifold and before a check valve.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Jimythefan
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Yep, that's what I'm using. I bought it after you recommended it in another thread.

The only vacuum line on the drivers side is the brake booster and the line is much bigger than the T in the kit. The air box covers the top of the engine back to the cowl and I couldn't find vacuum there. There's a couple hard vacuum lines on the passenger side I might use. I'm also trying to find where the hvac system gets vacuum from the engine and splice into that, but again, the air box and intake on the V10 hide nearly everything.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:52 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Splice in the T anywhere on those hard plastic lines and use some small diameter hose to make the connections. Doesn't matter where, as long as it's before any check valve.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:06 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I spliced mine in on pass side in between the line that goes to the dash and the intake.

Quick Reply: Glow Shift Gauges