2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Final Decision on Headlights, let me hear your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 02:22 PM
chadhager03
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you think I'll be fine to run the 55w hids? They're only $10 more. I'll probably go for the k2 single lights because thats the top of my price range. Thanks for the additional photos!

Old 01-27-2012, 07:56 PM
chadhager03
Captain

Wermberg, what size bulb do they take? I bought the blacked out single ones from k2 for more than I would have liked but they should be nice. I called them and they do not know what size they are and I want to get my hid's here at the same time

Old 01-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the double projectors ones (3 years now and they work great) better than stock for sure....... You have to swap the wires around because most of these are made by the same company and are wires wrong... the blue wire should go to purple and orange to orange and black to black... most dont know this and run them wired wrong and complain of crappy light output...

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 01-29-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:08 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You already got them but the eBay ones are the same....when you get them look at the lense and they will have a DOT number and then say SONAR and then the part number. I'm sure if wermbang looks at his he will see what I'm talking about

Old 01-30-2012, 01:06 AM
wermbang
Professional

On the lights they say H7 but I put H1s in mine, when I got my HIDs that is what I was told by another guy on DT you had the same lights.

Also on my say: SAE HRI5PP2A DOT EAGLE EYES

above that on the inside is VOR

Last edited by wermbang; 01-30-2012 at 01:12 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:39 AM
chadhager03
Captain

I wish I would have gone for the eBay ones then, they were like $40 cheaper. Oh well, the only thing is I emailed the eBay company and they said they were not hid compatible whereas k2 said theirs were. I guess I'll just wait for lights to get here to order my hids

Old 01-30-2012, 08:06 AM
Augiedoggy
Champion

Originally Posted by chadhager03
I wish I would have gone for the eBay ones then, they were like $40 cheaper. Oh well, the only thing is I emailed the eBay company and they said they were not hid compatible whereas k2 said theirs were. I guess I'll just wait for lights to get here to order my hids
technically they may have just said that because HID lights are illegal to put on any vehicles that didnt come from the factory without them in the states. with the hid lights they are no longer DOT approved...

Old 01-30-2012, 09:05 AM
wermbang
Professional

When I bought mine K2 said not to put HIDs in them too. But that was their customer service company they hire out that no nothing of the products.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:18 AM
chadhager03
Captain

Ya they really do not know anything, couldn't tell me the bulb size or if they had any other pictures. But I bought regular lights from eBay and had a bad experience so I figured this wasn't something I should try save money on. Well hopefully it all works Out good and lasts lol

Old 01-30-2012, 09:52 AM
Augiedoggy
Champion

Its all the same stuff from the same factories in china these days... the only diffences in brand names and distributors is usually the customer service, price and support... you could make out because you bought them where you did... maybe they will support them better if you run into a problem...

That being said its wise to be the educated consumer... dont go by the old outdated stereotype that if it costs more it must be better.... LMC sells some of the exact same stuff as you can buy from ebay distributors with twice the markup...
Sometimes companies with have thier own specs they ask the manufacturer to meet making thier product different but its rare overall... An example would be summit headers being pacesetters just sold under another name. Costco does this too and so does walmart. Thats why you can sometimes find say a samsung lcd tv for much less than the same size samsung elsewhere...(they are made to meet walmarts cheaper manufacturing specs which makes them inferior as well.) Look at the remington model 770 rifle (or was it the 700 or 710?) it was made specifically for walmart per their specs and it performed so poorly compared to the real thing Remington discontinued them against Walmarts wishes because it was hurting their image...

Quick Reply: Final Decision on Headlights, let me hear your opinion