2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 05:17 PM
agoodman53188
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires

looking to buy new tires, but im not sure what brands are the best. I dont have a huge budget, looking to spend less than 600 for all 4 tires. my mechanic recommended kumhos, but they were between 650-700 for all 4, but I dont know much about tires. I dont use the truck for any off roading, so I dont need any off roads tires. being from wisconsin, I need to look at tires that will be good in snow.

Thanks

Old 02-06-2012, 06:20 PM
wyomingdodge7
Veteran

If I were you, I'd definitely consider Treadwright. Great tires, great customer service, and even better price.

Depending on what size, or truck for that matter, (you should fill out your signature information in the "User CP" section at the top of the page), you could get all of them shipped for between $450-$550.

treadwright.com is the website, feel free to call them if you have questions too, they are the best with that.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:53 PM
a-master
Veteran

Originally Posted by wyomingdodge7
If I were you, I'd definitely consider Treadwright. Great tires, great customer service, and even better price.

Depending on what size, or truck for that matter, (you should fill out your signature information in the "User CP" section at the top of the page), you could get all of them shipped for between $450-$550.

treadwright.com is the website, feel free to call them if you have questions too, they are the best with that.
2nd.

My dad runs them on his ranger.

Old 02-06-2012, 07:25 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have firestone destionation a/t , awesome price and wearing down great !

Old 02-06-2012, 07:27 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I would have known about treadwright.com before I purchased my Goodyear Wranglers from Wal-Mart. They have a good list of tires and since they are all re-treaded tires, they're cheap!

Old 02-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Ramcountryboy
Captain

Hey thanks for posting that wyomingdodge, i'm gonna keep then in mind when its time for tires!

Old 02-06-2012, 07:36 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Granted Treadwright is cheap, has good customer service and all. But, if you need the tires ASAP might want to look elswhere.

REASON: I ordered a set a few months ago and was told they were IN STOCK. Well, they were but they proceeded to tell me after placing the order that there is a 2 week processing time before they ship. I couldn't wait that long so cancelled the order.

I will order a set in a few months though, seeing as though I'm not pressed for them imediataly now.

So, if you can wait 2-3 weeks, definataly check them out.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:10 PM
wyomingdodge7
Veteran

Originally Posted by Ramcountryboy
Hey thanks for posting that wyomingdodge, i'm gonna keep then in mind when its time for tires!
Yep, Sure Thing.

Originally Posted by kejobe
Granted Treadwright is cheap, has good customer service and all. But, if you need the tires ASAP might want to look elswhere.

REASON: I ordered a set a few months ago and was told they were IN STOCK. Well, they were but they proceeded to tell me after placing the order that there is a 2 week processing time before they ship. I couldn't wait that long so cancelled the order.

I will order a set in a few months though, seeing as though I'm not pressed for them imediataly now.

Originally Posted by kejobe

Really???? That was just the opposite for me. I called and ordered, they said at least a week, possibly two or three. I checked my email THE NEXT DAY and they had already shipped. Total of three days from order to installation. It was amazing.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:29 AM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I always buy tires local. Get great service, they call me by name when I come in. But I depend on local businesses to support my organization also. But I do haggle on prcie with them. Several weeks ago, I took 4 wheels and tires in form my 54 chevy project (all tiires flat, and ac ouple rotted). They fixed the ones that would hold air, and threw on old take-offs they had laying around - and didn't charge me for them. They are not good for driving, but enough to roll car in and out of garage during restoration. I need a good price, but customer service is a greater importance to me.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:02 AM
Ramcountryboy
Captain

I guess I've always wanted a BFG in a 285 but those are way outta of my price range new, there they got the BFG tread pattern for $123 a tire! I agree though if you can find a local dealer that has good service, that's worth alot too

Quick Reply: Tires