2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Dodge makes it to hollywood

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 04:14 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chuck Norris is noticeably shorter than his co-star, Clarence Gilyard, Jr. To keep this from being noticed they always built up the walkway for Norris so they were the same height on film. Also while driving, I guess it would not look good if he was peering through the steering wheel!

They did a lot of the filming in a studio in Carrollton (just north of Dallas) and a lot of local landmarks such as Tarrant County (FT. Worth) courthouse and other spot. I had the opportunity to visit the studio n a couple of occassions on Diplomat Drive. Offices, the bar, and other sets were permanent stages. Pretty cool to walk through those.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Ramcountryboy
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They still got that stuff set up to walk through? Or was this while the show was on air? Would be really fun to see that!

Old 02-15-2012, 05:24 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am sure it was just while the show was on air. Studio was a rented warehouse in Carrollton. Walks and such in downtown Ft. Worth were laid out and picked up after each film shoot. The helicopter buzzing him with gunshots was filmed in an empty business development near Lewisville. I got caught on the way home form work one day as they closed the roads. Thought they were going to crack up that chopper!

Quick Reply: Dodge makes it to hollywood