2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

new dodge dart !

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 10:00 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Manufacturers are trying to drum up market share by resurrecting names, and slapping them on cars that have NOTHING in common with the originals. I don't EVER recall seeing a front wheel drive dart..... nor do I remember a four door charger...... When I think of a Monte Carlo, I see rear-drive, body on frame car. Not some front wheel drive wonder that the biggest engine you can get is a V-6.

I don't care for the new design. Not with "Dart" for a name.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:15 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Manufacturers are trying to drum up market share by resurrecting names, and slapping them on cars that have NOTHING in common with the originals. I don't EVER recall seeing a front wheel drive dart..... nor do I remember a four door charger...... When I think of a Monte Carlo, I see rear-drive, body on frame car. Not some front wheel drive wonder that the biggest engine you can get is a V-6.

I don't care for the new design. Not with "Dart" for a name.
Case in point, it's not confined to just models, the original Hemi had true Hemispherical heads, the current Hemi, be it the 5.7, 6.1 or 6.4 models don't have Hemispherical heads at all, although they are different from standard they are by definition Polyspherical heads which actually far pre-dates Hemi heads. Chrysler debuted Poly heads in the early 1950s with the A series of engines which later lost the Poly heads and became the LA series (318, 340, 360).

But I don't think the commercials would have been the same with a tag line of "That thing got a Poly?"...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 03-06-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lastrights
So what's your guys thoughts on the new dodge dart ?

I'm seriously thinking of getting one as a back up gas saver since gas will be hitting 5 buck a gallon .
I think they look nice as they have 3 motors as one is turbo charged , but I'm also hoping srt will make one with a bigger liter engine .

Also they will have a 6 speed manual and auto as they will be a fun stop and go car with 30+40 mpg !

I'm hoping this car will neat out the focas and the coballs
Want to save money? Buy an early 1990's Honda or Toyota for under $3,000 and bank the rest of your money.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:55 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

^ even better. buy a real dart. you could probably buy one for less than one of those new ones
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ298394251

Old 03-06-2012, 02:03 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
^ even better. buy a real dart. you could probably buy one for less than one of those new ones
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ298394251
I like that one a hell of a lot better.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:17 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

if your going to waste $20,000 minus well waste it right. there is also a couple other nices one for sale that are in the same age category.
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ356944662
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ349835585

Old 03-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That '69 is sweet!

Old 03-06-2012, 05:04 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
It was the rage in the late '70s & early '80s, LOL...
Stink-bugging was all the rage a lot earlier than that where I grew up, but I don't recall it being done as late as 1980 in my neighborhood. 50's, deep dish mags, Hijackers, glass packs and Rallye stripes... Kid down the street from me, a few years older, did all of that and the fuzzy dice, too, to his... oh heck, Dart or Duster, whichever it was, fastback at any rate. And fast? Hoo doggy, that thing would burn up clutches faster than a blast furnace with that little inline six trying to push those big tires. Remember my story about the guy down the street who had every PennCraft tool ever made but never used them? It was his oldest boy. As dumb as a can of broiled dirt.

In the mid to late 70's in my neighborhood we were all into tubbed fenderwells and narrowed rear ends to keep everything tucked up tight, and lowering the front a bit to get a nice rake. The only way to fly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfmRKHtzfFs

Old 03-06-2012, 11:44 PM
99dodge318
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
they look ugly. wtf is wrong with manufacturers. they bring back a name and butcher its by putting it on some piece of crap ricer. the only nice car to come back was the challenger. they are bad @$$. if manufacturers where smart they would start building more cars with late 60's early 70's style like Ford and there mustang and Dodge and there challenger. those new darts look more like dodge neon.

What's wrong with the dodge neon? I had a 05 neon sxt that I traded for the ram I have today! Kinda wish I still had it though, the gas mileage was anywhere from 28-32 mpg mixed driving and that was being heavy footed!

The way that car sipped gas I didn't have to worry about conservinh gas.

I once took that car on road trip from San Antonio to South Padre Island for a week, it took 1 tank of gas to get there and drive around from the beach to the bars for 2-3 days and another tank to finish the trip and drive home.

All this was when it was $30 to fill a tank on it. The other day I attempted to fill my gas tank but got scared when I hit $73! Holy s#$&*

I would have to get a bank loan to drive my truck to the coast now! Lol

Last edited by 99dodge318; 03-06-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:54 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

nothing is wrong with the neon. just they look the same and it is an insult to the name to dart name to be sticking it on a car that would fit in at a ricer event.

Quick Reply: new dodge dart !