2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New guy with couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 02:20 PM
wasabee210
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy with couple questions

Hey everyone this place is pretty awesome as I've spent hours reading and reading here. So I bought a 95' Ram 1500 4x4 thats pretty much stock but with 315/75/15's. Now as I'm sure you'll know they dont fit that well. The are mounted on stock 16x7 rims, which I now know are too narrow, and they rub on the inner control arm at almost full lock. I plan on doing a lot of upgrades soon and have a few questions I couldnt find answers to so here it goes...

-I just picked up a dana 60 out of a 99' cummins dually complete even with calipers and I've read that the dually uses a different front hub and rotor. I intend on rebuilding the axle before installing it and wanted to know if I purchase non-dually 2500 hubs and brake rotors everything should bolt on just fine correct?

-Secondly I'm looking at the 5" lift from rough country with bilstein 5100's and top gunz shackle kit so I dont have to double stack the rear blocks. Does that correct the issues people seem to have with the rough country lift? Also, the above set up is going to run around $1300...Is there a better option in the same price range? I would like to get long arms in the future btw. Lastly, will the stock 5" tough country lift or any 5" lift for a 1500 for that matter have any problems being that I'm going to have a dana60 in front and not the stock dana44?

The overall plan is to have a 5" or so lift 3" body lift (yes i know) use the 37/12.5/16.5 H1 bfg baja tires on 16.5x9.25 rims, 4.88 gears, detroit true trac in the rear and some kind of lunch box locker in the front.

I've been doing tons of reading and hope the plan sounds good! Thanks everyone
'

Old 03-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, 2500 hubs and rotors will be just fine. Several people have done 2500 axle swaps into their 1500s. Do a little searching on that topic specifically, I am sure you will find what you need.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:48 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^+1.
Just make sure you get an 8-lug rear end too, other wise you will have problems with wheel fitment and it will make stuff look weird.

Welcome to DF and good luck!!

Quick Reply: New guy with couple questions