2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

got new wheels and tires for the.............

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 10:42 AM
dipsherry
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Gotta agree with ya there......

Manual trans? 6K clutch dumps? Ouchie. But the ol' T56 doesn't care for that too much.... They ARE pretty sturdy though..... that, and like typical F-body's, I am sure you are traction-limited in any event.
the trans is built....good to 700hp. I hook really good with these tires and i am still at 28psi. I will lower them when i go to moroso and should be pulling daylight under the front wheels....I hope.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:44 AM
dipsherry
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by SilverSS
Better start saving up for a s-60 or 12 bolt! The t56 will take it a lot longer than the 7.5 will
got a 12 bolt in the shop waiting. going to do gears and build it with a yukon limited slip. debating on 4.10s or 4.30s

Old 03-17-2012, 10:46 AM
dipsherry
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 99dodge318
What! there was a set of tires in that pic? Lol ...I kid, I kid...

At first I thought you were gonna put those rims/tires on that white toyota!

Really you have spray on your daily driver? Lol nice looking t/a!
yeah that was funny cause i forgot to put the pic of the t/a right under the tires pic and i was like i wonder how many people think i am going to put 295's on a toyota....
yeah the motor is basically stock but i got a full fuel system a window switch and the nitrous setup is fairly small 100 shot. I got a buddy spraying 200 on stock motor

Old 03-17-2012, 12:11 PM
SilverSS
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're going to stick with that tall of a tire I'd go 4.30s. If you're going to be using a 275/40 or something similar for every day driving I'd probably go with 4.10s. The guy who had my ta before new had 4.10s and didn't like them so he put in 3.73s. They're not bad but I would have liked to have a little more gear!

Old 03-17-2012, 12:34 PM
dipsherry
Record Breaker

If you're going to stick with that tall of a tire I'd go 4.30s. If you're going to be using a 275/40 or something similar for every day driving I'd probably go with 4.10s. The guy who had my ta before new had 4.10s and didn't like them so he put in 3.73s. They're not bad but I would have liked to have a little more gear!
yeah with the 28 inch tall tire i was feeling the 4.30's. i think they will work well with the gears and m6. i run the m/t's on the street i know its funny to say i run slicks n skinnies and a bottle on my daily driver but i cant leave anything stock

Old 03-17-2012, 02:34 PM
SilverSS
Captain

Lol I'm the same way. Spray is ideal for a DD IMO. Said far I've done lt's, ory, tuned by madtuner, cai, shifter, 3.73s, sfc's, egr and air delete, adj panhard, boxed lca's, strut tower brace. It's getting painted black right now. Waiting for my strano springs and bilstein's to get here! I'm going to run 17x11 s in the back and 17x9 front. It's got c5 wheels right now.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:02 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion

Dipsherry you run it at any of the 1/8 miles or just going to moroso

Old 03-19-2012, 11:32 AM
dipsherry
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by redheadhunter21
Dipsherry you run it at any of the 1/8 miles or just going to moroso
the second night i owned the car i took it to county line but that was the only time....i had 130xxx miles on stock plugs and wires and it was bone stock aside from toyo r88's and a intake with a black filter lol

Old 03-19-2012, 11:36 AM
dipsherry
Record Breaker

Lol I'm the same way. Spray is ideal for a DD IMO. Said far I've done lt's, ory, tuned by madtuner, cai, shifter, 3.73s, sfc's, egr and air delete, adj panhard, boxed lca's, strut tower brace. It's getting painted black right now. Waiting for my strano springs and bilstein's to get here! I'm going to run 17x11 s in the back and 17x9 front. It's got c5 wheels right now.
yeah i have full spohn rear suspension lca. subframe connectors, torque arm with a loop and adj. panhard bar qa1 adjustables in the back 90/10s in the front. stock springs. mid tubes no cat borla cat back. bbk u/d pulley 58mm tb. egr delete. basically a bolt on car

i got a tublar from member with tublar control arms but waiting till i do afr heads and cam to put that in. I have been 12.9's with the old tires and a 40 shot so new tires and 100 shot i am hoping for low 12's

Old 03-19-2012, 11:16 PM
SilverSS
Captain

Nice . I'm setting mine up to (hopefully) handle good so I can take it up in the mountains and beat on it. I've already got my drag car so now I need one to go around corners lol. Considered LE or AI top end/cam? AFR heads are hard to beat. That's what I've got on my big block.

Quick Reply: got new wheels and tires for the.............