2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

So i Sold This to Buy This ...........

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 11:59 AM
mattmoto441
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zman17
Why? LOL And don't put a TB spacer or a jet chip on the new one.
tired of the STD cab BS and i racked up the miles on it in the years that i owned it 177k. so i was able to sell the 97 for enough to not have to go outta pocket with the 99 . so i got a 3 model year newer truck with 1/2 the miles and a quad cab and didnt have to go outta pocket on it.

the TB space did help with MPG i normally got 10-11 intown with it and after i did that i got 12-13 , not a big increase but noticeable when you drive the same route everyday . i did the jet chip last and it gave a pretty good seat of the paints power jump and my throttle response was up as well but that all led to a heaver right foot. that killed the MPG hahaha.

but if i wanna go fast and raise some hell i can just take out this

03 SVT Cobra

2.3 whipple
550rwhp 499rwtq @15psi on 91 pump
620rwhp 610rwtq @19psi on 93+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH_9xxsFxOo

Old 04-02-2012, 12:04 PM
dlyter09
Champion

Originally Posted by mattmoto441
tired of the STD cab BS and i racked up the miles on it in the years that i owned it 177k. so i was able to sell the 97 for enough to not have to go outta pocket with the 99 . so i got a 3 model year newer truck with 1/2 the miles and a quad cab and didnt have to go outta pocket on it.

the TB space did help with MPG i normally got 10-11 intown with it and after i did that i got 12-13 , not a big increase but noticeable when you drive the same route everyday . i did the jet chip last and it gave a pretty good seat of the paints power jump and my throttle response was up as well but that all led to a heaver right foot. that killed the MPG hahaha.

but if i wanna go fast and raise some hell i can just take out this

03 SVT Cobra

2.3 whipple
550rwhp 499rwtq @15psi on 91 pump
620rwhp 610rwtq @19psi on 93+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH_9xxsFxOo

Ill give you my truck and motorcycle for your car

Old 04-02-2012, 12:15 PM
mattmoto441

haha

ya sorry its not a MOPAR but its a lot of fun. i need to dig out my 73 340 Plymouth Duster. (sunkissed orange) it was my 1st car . its a lot of fun also. im thinking its gonna be my summer project this year just to get it going and let her buck haha

Old 04-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
Funny you should see it that way... I'm going to guess your living with someone else who pays most of the bills to have the disposable income and no or few other priorities to spend it on?
Some of us have bills to pay and / or limited driveway space or a family to take care of.... plus its better to have one dodge truck to focus attention and money on...(One is bad enough)

I plan on selling my two summer cars and downsizing to one for just that reason...I also have home improvement projects and a cabin to work on....

I guess Its all about where a person is in their life and their priorities...
I have three dodge trucks, the '95 being the newest. I live on my own, have ZERO dependance on anyone, pay all my bills on time every time, and also have a car payment for my 4th vehicle. I don't make much money, but I know how to manage it. Oh I am also saving 20% of my pay every month.

Last edited by Wombat Ranger; 04-02-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:01 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I sometimes think about getting rid of my single cab for a extenended cab too . Well see I just bought a house so maybe ill get a geo metro because I won't be able to afford gas anymore lol

Old 04-02-2012, 07:42 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Originally Posted by lastrights
I sometimes think about getting rid of my single cab for a extenended cab too . Well see I just bought a house so maybe ill get a geo metro because I won't be able to afford gas anymore lol
I hear that.....

When I worked at the dealership, lo these many years ago..... We had a metro that came in with a blown motor. So, we warranty replaced the motor. Of course we didn't have one on the shelf, so, we ordered one up. It came via UPS...... the UPS guy picked up a crate with ONE hand, hauled it out of his truck, and set it on the floor.... I was curious what was in the crate... and it was the motor for the metro..........

Old 04-02-2012, 07:49 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

lol. i know someone that has a metro convertible hung from the roof in his garage.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I hear that.....

When I worked at the dealership, lo these many years ago..... We had a metro that came in with a blown motor. So, we warranty replaced the motor. Of course we didn't have one on the shelf, so, we ordered one up. It came via UPS...... the UPS guy picked up a crate with ONE hand, hauled it out of his truck, and set it on the floor.... I was curious what was in the crate... and it was the motor for the metro..........
Hahaha

That is hilarious.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:53 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion

Old 04-02-2012, 08:54 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion

Lol dunno y the double post ! But that's funny !

Quick Reply: So i Sold This to Buy This ...........