2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

passenger side floorboard is always wet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012 | 02:08 PM
garam
Professional

Originally Posted by HeyYou
If you are getting wind noise from around the window frame on the door, where it seals to the body.... park someplace where no one can see you.... roll down the window, sit you butt on the seat, and place your knees against the top of the door, just below the window opening. Grab ahold of the top of the door, and pull it in some. It takes a bit of effort, but, not a lot.. so, don't go hog wild. Just tweak it in a bit, and test for wind noise.
I all ready did that and tested it with a dollar bill. I think it helped a little on the driver's side but a little concerned about doing it anymore on the passenger's side. Just couldn't get a good even pressure on the whole window frame with the dollar bill and the window frame looked like it was going to buckle on me one time so I stopped.
I redoing the finish on the truck and will be doing most of the door jams with bedliner. The stuff I'm using won't be too thick (about as thick as an index card) but may do the trick. If not I replace the weather stripping, try realigning the door (which it all ready appears to be square on) or do what the previous owner did.

Old 07-20-2012 | 10:35 PM
gdstock
Legend

New seals form LMC.....?

Old 07-21-2012 | 08:20 AM
Nereaga
Captain

New seal in LMC run about $49.95 for the door weatherstrip itself. The drip weatherstrip, which goes along the top of the door is $19.95, that catches the water along the top and forces it down to the mirror, the rear door seal is also $19.95

Pretty cheap to try it out, at least you rule out the weatherstripping as the culprit for under $100. Then you know its the door and its alignment or un-alignment...

Old 07-21-2012 | 11:54 PM
gdstock
Legend

I out all new seals on mine when I reapainted it as seals were worn all around, and nearly destroyed at the threshhold on the floor. Not only does it seal out all water, it eliminated all the wind noise. A good investment in my opinion. Can't stand the wind noise.

Quick Reply: passenger side floorboard is always wet?