2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

how to seafoam

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012 | 10:08 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

I love it when Prius drives speed. While I am not. :S
BTW, I thought Prius' use Lithium, not Nickel-Metal Hydride batteries?

Old 05-24-2012 | 10:15 AM
drewactual
Champion

Lithium is even worse, environmentally speaking.. and they may in fact use them...

Old 05-24-2012 | 10:17 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

I know they are worse. But hey! It's all in Africa or whereever, who gives a ****, right?

I don't know of anyone even using NiMH for anything anymore.

Old 05-24-2012 | 10:50 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

On top of all that, when the batteries die they become Radioactive toxic waste. That's good for the environment right?

The only "carbon footprint" my truck puts out is the kind that acually HELPS trees and plants by giving them the gasses they feed on.

Old 05-24-2012 | 12:55 PM
drewactual
Champion

China will have the lithium market cornered in a couple years.. the Army found the largest known deposit in the world in Afghanistan- to the point it's believed to be equal to the rest of the worlds deposits combined.. the minister of afghan natural resources gave the rights to mine it to china, and retired two days later. he surprisingly (maybe not) had something like $50M in the bank a week later he claimed was from investing... this subject has remained curiously absent from the press here and abroad.

there is a lot of speculation that lithium is to be the worlds next precious commodity, though some consider it that now.. it will be interesting to see what happens with that..

Old 05-25-2012 | 10:31 PM
Ugly1
Record Breaker

I think most e-cars are using NiMH since it's not such an explosion hazard after an accident.

Lithium is the hot ticket only until something better comes along. Not good for e-cars but remote off grid type solar installations can use new technologies like http://www.aquionenergy.com/ . 100% depth of discharge batteries that never wear out and are made with environmentally friendly materials and processes. T big and heavy for a car but perfect if you have an old outbuilding to house them.

New techs are waiting to be discovered. Too bad there is precious little research funding for this kind of stuff.

Old 05-25-2012 | 11:01 PM
gdstock
Legend

And if you add seafoam to lithium...oh, never mind. Facetiousness is a terrible malady....

Quick Reply: how to seafoam