2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Disappointed with GM

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 10:22 AM
98Ramboy
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2x1972
That's why you don't buy a car like that from a dealer... Think about it. Why would one trade it in? Because they knew they could get quick cash for their un-maintained pile that they didn't have a chance of selling private party. If it really were a good car, they would sell it their self and get more money for it. If someone is too lazy to sell a car, do you think they have the motivation to maintain it? I don't. If we were talking about a 50K mile 2009 Chrysler, that's a different story, but an 10 year old fwd automatic transmission gas saver is a car that is cheap enough that someone can buy it, not maintain it, and the second something goes wrong, dump it off for the next victim. When buying used, do your homework, buy something that either 1) has been well taken care of and has low miles 2) is so cheap that you don't mind replacing half the vehicle (most of us with our 2nd gen's), or 3) is the type of vehicle that no matter how hard it is abused, will never stop working (70's/80's dodge trucks for instance).
Yeah but how do you foresee a rod bearing going? If the car is mechanically sound and in top shape and was obviously taken care of, it's pretty hard to assume that something like that would happen, no matter who you got it from.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

That's where the whole "don't buy crapo cars for good money at a dealer" thing comes in to play

Remember that it's a dealer's job to polish the CRAP out of that turd. If it looks nice and smells nice, that's enough for most people. Anyone can throw some lucas oil additive or something in a car/truck to make it seem okay for the moment... It sucks that y'all got screwed, but that's how the dealers make their paychecks.

Last edited by Wombat Ranger; 06-18-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:29 AM
98Ramboy
Professional

Yeah, oh well haha such is life. Good thing it's not mine!! I'll stick with my pickup

Old 06-18-2012, 10:42 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 2x1972
That's where the whole "don't buy crapo cars for good money at a dealer" thing comes in to play

Remember that it's a dealer's job to polish the CRAP out of that turd. If it looks nice and smells nice, that's enough for most people. Anyone can throw some lucas oil additive or something in a car/truck to make it seem okay for the moment... It sucks that y'all got screwed, but that's how the dealers make their paychecks.

I stuck a dealer with a turd once. I had a 1993 Ford Explorer with some minor "issues" that I used as a trade. Thankfully, the damned thing didn't sneeze when the appraiser drove it, so they gave me a pretty good price for it. It also helped that it was nighttime when I worked the deal. When I later went back to buy another vehicle from the same dealer, the salesman said, "Hey, didn't you trade a grey/black Explorer a while back?"
"Yep."
"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH THAT FARKING TURD COST US??? All five tires needed to be replaced along with the windshield, not to mention all of the other engine/mechanical work. To top it off, that damned thing sat on the lot for months."
"HA HA HA HA HA. I sure was glad it didn't sneeze when the appraiser had it. I appreciate the price you gave me on it."
"**grumble****grumble****grumble****grumble****gru mble**"

Old 06-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

^^^ People like you....

Old 06-18-2012, 12:00 PM
98Ramboy
Professional

hahaha!! You guys are something else

Old 06-18-2012, 12:17 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

even if you buy a fairly new car they can still screw you just like this
http://www.orangeville.com/news/loca...p-fined-10-000

Old 06-18-2012, 12:18 PM
dlyter09
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When i bought my cobra i traded my 02 wrangler in... Now that thing was a turd.. I had the exhaust tied up with a coat hanger and the rear end was just about to let go for the 3rd time. Along with all the damage on it from running so many trails.. I still got 8k for it hahaha... When my cobra blew up less than a month later I asked for my wrangler back but they sold it already.. Thats when they gave me my truck...

Old 06-18-2012, 12:37 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
even if you buy a fairly new car they can still screw you just like this
http://www.orangeville.com/news/loca...p-fined-10-000
The buyer wasn't playing with a full deck, either. Someone on disability pension shouldn't be buying a new car, let alone financing a vehicle purchase of any sort.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:44 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

just because someone is not playing with a full deck does not mean you should take complete advantage of them. they sold it to her for $25,000 more than it was worth. from what i had read in the paper in the past it was not the first time that dealership has done that to people but it is there last as a Mazda dealership.

Quick Reply: Disappointed with GM