2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Disappointed with GM

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jsw0767
Why would a Chrysler - Dodge.dealer do anything special on a used GM p.o.s.?
1) Who said it was a POS? 2) Because they sold it to the buyer with no statement of anything being wrong with the car, and less than 30 days went by before the car needed a NEW ENGINE.

Most people today expect to get something for nothing.
If the car was free, I doubt the OP would have even brought it up. If they paid previously mentioned POS price for it, I would assume the same. He never even mentioned getting a low price.

The way people on here seem to think dealer should fix everything for free.
Do you realize what section of the forum you are posting it? This is the 2nd Gen Ram section. More common problems and expensive fixes here than any other. (Okay the same era daks are similar...) Never once have I seen anyone say that the dealer should pay for it.

With that kind of reasoning Dodge should fix my '91 Dakota if the ac compressor goes out.
If you bought it from DODGE less than 30 days ago, they should. Terrible comparison here though, If you want to turn it into A/C related then it's more like you buying a used A/C unit presented to you as completely operational from a large and prominent A/C store, it going out in two weeks, and you walking away from it without thinking twice. One component going wrong is one thing, but the entire car is out of commission, not just the A/C.

I agree, it was a bad decision to buy that car the way it was, but I still think the dealer should try to work something out. They would likely do themselves more good than the money paid for that car is worth. Now they have unhappy customers posting online about it.

Last edited by Wombat Ranger; 06-19-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Disappointed with GM