2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Ram SUV.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Sooper
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
thats because he tried to copy my link lol.

i don't personally know him but i saw it over on RCC. that just seems to be where all the cool kids with all the cool toys hang out.
heres the link that should workhttp://ramchargercentral.com/project...ew-toy-156448/

I guess I was wrong about the taillights. Maybe they are specific, and hopefully the parts are still available in Mexico. I didn't spend much time on Ebay but I didn't see anything immediate.

I'd still be interested in looking for one. Maybe someday I'll make a road trip to a border state with a friend and look for a used one worth buying and working on. A call to my local DMV might get me an answer to if it could be tagged or not.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:59 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

from the sounds of it some parts are expensive since you can only get them in mexico. i think i would take a 70's ram charger over one of those things. i like them a lot more. i know someone that has a 70's ramcharger body that i was thinking about bugging for the the roof and then cut the top off of mine.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Sooper
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a 1978 Ramcharger at one point. It was a really cool truck. I had a spare set of doors I cut the hoops out of so when I took the top off it was truly a topless truck. I replaced the 360 with a 440. It had a 6" suspension lift and 36" tall mud tires. Buckets, center console, and rear bench out of a Durango.

However, after owning a 1978 D100 and a 1978 Ramcharger...then having a 1998 Durango and now a 1998 Ram...I can tell you there is something MUCH better about owning a fuel injected truck / SUV that has plastics and insulations and electronics and whatnot.

As much as I loved those old '70's trucks...I love the later model stuff even more.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:41 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

if you like fuel injection and old trucks enough you mix them up. there is a guy over on RCC who has a fuel injected 440. i think i would take a carb over fuel injection any day. super simple to wire if it ever caught fire and they have a unique sound to them.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:46 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That pop-top is sweet, minus the rockstars.

Thanks for the link! Cool stuff, seeing it get fixed up like that.

I miss daily driving old iron. In a perfect world, one would have choices

Last edited by Wombat Ranger; 06-22-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:58 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

I was driving...

Old 06-22-2012, 04:20 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kinda funny how the guy got to May 21 and pulled the previous tranny and then nothing after 3 months of continuous updates. Now I know what I am going to buy after the house is done. Arizona is one of the easiest states to register a vehicle in-they had to tighten it up a bit a few years back because car thieves were taking advantage of the process. There is one for sale right now on the main street of Agua Prieta, Sonora for $2000. Wish I had the money now.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:14 PM
99dodge318
Record Breaker

Why not just chop up a caravan rear hatch and weld it to a durango cab with ram front end. Lol

I think I read somewhere online that these did come in 4x4 but it was the durango's front end (ifs vs solid front axle)

Old 06-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Well a ram is wider than a Durango too...

Old 08-04-2012, 07:17 PM
valenzia_92
Amateur

Originally Posted by Sooper
I guess I was wrong about the taillights. Maybe they are specific, and hopefully the parts are still available in Mexico. I didn't spend much time on Ebay but I didn't see anything immediate.

I'd still be interested in looking for one. Maybe someday I'll make a road trip to a border state with a friend and look for a used one worth buying and working on. A call to my local DMV might get me an answer to if it could be tagged or not.
they are ramcharger specific and next to impossible to find used ones. no reproductions either.

I have one for sale over at rcc , it's not cheap but you can search it on the classfieds.

Quick Reply: Ram SUV.