2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Ram SUV.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 07:22 PM
valenzia_92
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99dodge318
Why not just chop up a caravan rear hatch and weld it to a durango cab with ram front end. Lol

I think I read somewhere online that these did come in 4x4 but it was the durango's front end (ifs vs solid front axle)
well this truck has nothing to do with a durango , except for parts of the drivetrain , I don't think any exterior panel is the same.

the rear hatch is from a caravan but tailights are RC only and so is the back/side window.

a little more info about them , they only came in 2wd and 3 versions base, slt and slt plus ( difference between slt and plus being leather interior )

the base models can be found cheaper but have only front a/c and chrome grill vs the sport grill on the slt models , not all of them had sidesteps.

and everything from another ram could swap , because the frame is almost the same. so it is possible to make it a 4x4 with a donor truck parts.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:04 PM
rjtx667
Amateur

Originally Posted by 2x1972

I was driving...

I was driving too !!!

That is me in the RamCharger and that is my (used to be) flat black Mexico RamCharger.

I did not stop posting, just things slowed down some. I also moved the active thread here

http://ramcharger.net/index.php/topic,12.0.html

Its currently waiting on the body shop opening so it can get painted. I am going with the new 2012 Dodge true perl blue.

I will be happy to answer any questions anyone has, and also be willing to setup a meet time to let people check it out. Its still a work in progress, but its coming along good.

Mine was the base model, but its not so base any more if you have ready the thread. I just finishing re-wiring the head lights and fog lights on the front. It now has keyless entry and power mirrors/ locks/ windows. It has cruise, steering wheel stereo controls and air bags. I am working to get the parts to install the rear a/c about 75% there.

I love driving the truck and its a even pretty good for the fam, all 5 of us fit in there good and have room to spare.

I can tell you that it has almost nothing in common with the Durango (though my wife calls it a big Durango). We have a 2003 Durango, and this sucker is bigger in every sense of the word. Given a choice we now take the RamCharger because it gives more leg room for us and the kids and more storage in back. If you compare the 2, they are the same length (or close to it) just 1 is a 2 door and 1 is a 4 door. The RamCharger also has a great A/C system where as the Durango is Decent, well used to be... I replaced ALL parts and man what a difference that made.

I also have a 91 RamCharger that I am restoring, and this one is longer than it and has more seating room and storage as well.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you notice someone trying to stealthily take pictures next to you in a silver Lexus IS300??? Haha if I was in my Ram I wouldn't have tried to be a ninja.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:16 AM
rjtx667
Amateur

Originally Posted by 2x1972
Did you notice someone trying to stealthily take pictures next to you in a silver Lexus IS300??? Haha if I was in my Ram I wouldn't have tried to be a ninja.
I did not notice you that day, but I have seen quite a bit. People get me to roll down the window at the stop light, ask me what it is at the gas pump or in a parking lot.

It's amazing how many people think I built it out of parts lol.

Now I forgot most of the time that its not normal to see because I see it all the time.

I had always wanted one, and could not pass on the opportunity when I saw it come up, usually those who have these want way too much for them. I can say that with accuracy as it would take a lot to pry my hands loose of it, but I have also put a lot into it and more still to go with the paint job yet to be completed

Old 04-08-2013, 04:17 PM
rjtx667
Amateur

Took a long time to get it painted, it still needs a few touch ups but it looks a lot better.

right now I am working on the engine. Mike @ MRL Performance is building a 408 stroker for me. It should be done sometime this week.

Still a long ways to go to finished, but it looks a lot better than it used to.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Sooper
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rjtx667
Took a long time to get it painted, it still needs a few touch ups but it looks a lot better.

right now I am working on the engine. Mike @ MRL Performance is building a 408 stroker for me. It should be done sometime this week.

Still a long ways to go to finished, but it looks a lot better than it used to.

Man that looks awesome. Exactly why I would like to locate one someday. It's such a perfect mix of why I like the Gen2 Rams and the look of an SUV.

Have you thought about some late model wheels? Those 5 spoke aluminum or chrome 20" wheels would really look amazing with the black paint.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:24 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

looking good. i was thinking it was about time you posted a bit more over here. if you hit 30 posts you qualify to be nominated for ride of the month which i think you could win.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:42 AM
rjtx667
Amateur

Thanks, its suppose to be the 2012 Dodge True Blue. But I think the paint shop made it a little darker than it was suppose it, but when the sun hits it the metallic really goes shinning.

I want to do something with the wheels, and its on the list but its after the engine and the interior is done. Right now I am debating adding a "stripe" to the bottom of the truck like a gold or silver to give it a little something extra, it looks great its just a little plain right now.

But most of all I really want my new engine... 420hp and 500+ ft lbs of torque it should be a lot of fun once its in.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:26 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Looks awesome!

Old 04-13-2013, 12:36 AM
gdstock
Legend

+1 on the wheels. It does look sharp! (needs a stripe, though - and 5 more posts....)

Quick Reply: Ram SUV.