2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Help Identify Grill Guard

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 06:11 PM
CSCustomCars
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help Identify Grill Guard

Hey guys. I got this grill guard at the Junk yard for $20 but it has no brackets. It was pulled from a 96 1500, I did not pull it. It was already pulled. I went and found the truck I think it came off of, but there were no brackets, however there was evidence of brackets going over top of the upper trim piece on the bumper. Rust stains and such, you know how you can tell.
Anyway, I gatta figure out who made this thing so I can go find some upper brackets, because if not, I'll have to go pay someone to weld/make me some brackets. It'd be nice if I knew what they looked like before that though.
The lower brackets are easy, those are just a single piece of steel, but the uppers have bends or something in them. If I could find the manufacturer, then maybe I could find the instruction book online somewhere, so I can figure out how this thing mounts on top. The tag with the makers stamp had been removed before I got it. All I can make out on the tag is Manufactured by and what looks like an area code of 915 for a phone number, which is El Paso, tx. But that may not be correct

If you need more pics lemme know. I'm still looking, but if you guys can help it'd be appreciated!

Old 08-20-2012, 01:56 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haven't seen anything like it, it may be custom since most mass-produced guards use round tubing rather than flat steel.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:17 AM
cruzer55
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a one-off fabracation.home built or good welder............

Old 08-20-2012, 08:18 AM
CSCustomCars
All Star

He was a damn good welder then. They look like robot welds, but I'm no expert.

And I haven't seen anything like it either, but I really like it. It's extremely heavy, really well made.

I have a plan to atleast get it on my truck. Make some l brackets for the top and driill into the bumper. The bottom I'll attach to the frame. Once it's on I might be able to figure out something more solid for the uppers.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:09 PM
CSCustomCars
All Star

So today I pulled up next to another guy in a ram who had this exact same grill guard and by the time I realized it his left arrow light turned green so I couldn't get his attention.. But! That means its not a one off. It was made before by someone. Who knows maybe ill see him again soon. Otherwise next week its going over to a fab shop and they are gonna weld brackets right to my rad support.

Quick Reply: Help Identify Grill Guard