2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New job!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 03:31 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

If you are lucky, in 5 years you won't have to put up with her either.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:19 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shes made it clear that shes not going anywhere. Which is fine, id rather put up with her than pay child support.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:12 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by QuadCabLuv
Shes made it clear that shes not going anywhere. Which is fine, id rather put up with her than pay child support.
Hell yea!

Old 08-21-2012, 05:47 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

good luck. maybe if you hang in there long enough and gm goes bankrupt they will convert to a ford or dodge dealership.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/louiswoo...kruptcy-again/

Old 08-21-2012, 10:10 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

congrats on the new job.

you're doing right to look to own your own shop in the future. that's where the money is. otherwise you're just working for wages.

at a dealership, you'll probably get very little customer interaction. but, watch the process and learn how to deal with customers and make them want to bring their cars in for service, not dread it like a trip to the dentist. when you have your own shop, that's when it will be critical as in make or break.

some of the most successful shops are not even very complex. just tires, brakes, front ends, AC, and general service. very few people work on their own car any more.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:32 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dhvaughan
congrats on the new job.

you're doing right to look to own your own shop in the future. that's where the money is. otherwise you're just working for wages.

at a dealership, you'll probably get very little customer interaction. but, watch the process and learn how to deal with customers and make them want to bring their cars in for service, not dread it like a trip to the dentist. when you have your own shop, that's when it will be critical as in make or break.

some of the most successful shops are not even very complex. just tires, brakes, front ends, AC, and general service. very few people work on their own car any more.

Biggest problem in starting up your own shop will be capital. Got to have the right tools and equipment. bargains can be found...just got to plan and shop around. Certification is good. Congrats on the new job (and paid days off!)

Old 08-22-2012, 08:28 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gdstock
Biggest problem in starting up your own shop will be capital. Got to have the right tools and equipment. bargains can be found...just got to plan and shop around. Certification is good. Congrats on the new job (and paid days off!)
Just slowly acquire tools and start doing side jobs. It's better to slowly transition to owning one's own shop rather than trying to start off from scratch.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:20 AM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker

I have had my own shop before and have a very extensive collection of tools. By the time my wife graduates school and starts working as a RN our land will be paid off and i will use the land deed to finaince a 3 bay shop with 2 lifts. Well thats the plan anyways.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by QuadCabLuv
I have had my own shop before and have a very extensive collection of tools. By the time my wife graduates school and starts working as a RN our land will be paid off and i will use the land deed to finaince a 3 bay shop with 2 lifts. Well thats the plan anyways.

You'll pay off your land just to turn around and take out a loan on it? Not a very smart financial move. Make it a point to visit Dave Ramsey's site and get some financial tips.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:06 AM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker

Mortgage is only $200. If i get a 30k loan on a 15 yr note then it will not go above $300 a month, house is paid for, bought it with cash.