2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Mirrors loose

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 07:20 PM
M tspace
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Revive the old thread. I had the same problem with loose mirrors on muh 96 Ram 2500. Mirrors are standard non-power. I did not have the two bolts, metal plate and wedge like in the above pic from diverjer. Instead I had to unscrew the plastic exterior outer piece with the rubber grommet (three screws in above pic), and crank it up outta the way so I could get to the other side where there is a steel clamp plate held in place by four bolts. The clamp plate tightens up an inner plastic C shaped sleeve around the metal mirror shaft. The plastic sleeve had worn some and the clamp plate was already tightened up as much as possible (had to be careful 'cause the steel clamp plate bolts are threaded into aluminum- keep tightening them and they will strip out easy). My solution was to take two zip ties and wrap them around the clamp plate as spacers. This allowed me to tighten up the plate enough to put pressure on the plastic C shaped sleeve and so tighten it up around the metal mirror shaft. Threw everything back together and the mirror still moves easy enough to adjust, but is much tighter than before. At 70 MPH it stays put.

Last edited by M tspace; 10-10-2019 at 09:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Mirrors loose