2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

may be selling my 3/4 ton

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 06:19 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had a few mods in it..rain racing tires, (huge traction improvement)

centerforce dual friction clutch, hypertech programmer, SLP stainless straight pipe exhaust, larger y-pipe with high flow cat, cool air intake, hotchkiss strut tower brace (big reduction in body roll and handling improvement) deck and speakers replaced, and amp hidden behind the spare tire. also retrofitted HID bulbs inside those sealed beams (24hr process)

Old 11-21-2012, 10:38 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigabop
was gonna say, sell it and get a 4x4!!

or you can do like wombat did...

he bought a first gen cummins last night

at wombat: welcome to the dark side!
Thanks homie.

Quad, have you got rid of the '95 yet?

Old 11-21-2012, 11:42 PM
SilverSS
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by QuadCabLuv
Looking at a 89 camaro with 150k, runs good but tranny is shot, $500. And I can have the tranny rebuilt here at work for another $500.
I got my 95 Trans Am for $600 with a bad input bearing on the T56. The LT1 isn't a bad engine at all and as long as you buy an AC Delco opti you won't have a lot of problems with that. How it looked when I got it.

Right after paint.

How it sits on C5 wheels after lowered.

Jkeaton what are you doing for suspension? So far I've got Strano springs, Bilstein's, SFC's, STB, adj torque arm, adjustable PHB, poly everything, boxed LCA's. Handles like it's on rails .

Old 11-22-2012, 07:33 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 340 Likes on 303 Posts

Slowly right now cause that **** is expensive....so far I've gone through all the sway bar bushings (prothane), end inks, strut tower brace, new KYB shocks. New front upper and lower ball joints, had to put a new steering rack on it. Eventually tubular control arms, and replacing all the various "bars" in the rear end. Not sure about adjustable ones though. Dont see the need for the added expense.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:06 AM
SilverSS
Captain

Adjustables are worth it IMO- especially if you're going to lower it at all. Adj torque arm lets you set the pinion angle and the adj phb allows you to center the rear end. If you lower the car without the adj phb the rear end will move over to the side. The more it's lowered the more obvious it is. Keep an eye out on LS1tech for used ones. They pop up all the time.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:13 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 340 Likes on 303 Posts

It's got a wings west body kit, so I can't lower it. It scrapes already...lol

Old 11-22-2012, 11:50 AM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
Thanks homie.

Quad, have you got rid of the '95 yet?

no i havent. still cant seem to get it running right, though i have driven it once. it seems to be flooding the cylinders with fuel but i cant be certain. I am trying to sell it now as is for $1000, which sucks cause i got $1500 into it now.

Guy fell through on his offer for my 3/4 ton. I dont get it. Why call me and ask me to drop $500 of my asking price and then tell me he will come get it if he is not serious. I moved things around, cleaned it out, and rushed home from work to meet him and then he cant even show up.

Last edited by QuadCabLuv; 11-22-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:18 PM
SilverSS
Captain

Originally Posted by QuadCabLuv
. Guy fell through on his offer for my 3/4 ton. I dont get it. Why call me and ask me to drop $500 of my asking price and then tell me he will come get it if he is not serious. I moved things around, cleaned it out, and rushed home from work to meet him and then he cant even show up.
Because a lot of people are inconsiderate and stupid. I've gotten to the point to not go out of my way at all when selling something because it seems half the time they don't show up. I let them know when is good for me. If they want it they can work around my schedule.

Old 11-22-2012, 04:48 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Or he found something he liked better. Sucks that he didn't let you know he wasn't coming though. Good luck with the '95, and the sale.

Old 11-22-2012, 04:48 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkeaton
It's got a wings west body kit, so I can't lower it. It scrapes already...lol
haha mine scraped at stock height!

frikken air dam in the front under the radiator support scraped on everything, and my larger stainless exhaust scraped on speed bumps.

Quick Reply: may be selling my 3/4 ton