2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New tow mirrors installed......

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 04:11 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
i see we both suffer from bumperfallingapartitis.

Is that a STD?

Old 11-26-2012, 04:17 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gdstock
Is that a STD?
I hope not! Hard to tell what the Ram does when I'm asleep, maybe that explains all the gas usage

Speaking of tow mirrors, went to the local Wally World, had a Ram behind with with invisy trailer going on, and a Ram on the other side of the road with invisy trailer going on.

WTF!

Old 11-26-2012, 04:25 PM
dlyter09
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its absolutely crazy.... Its simple.. If you have a trailer that you NEED them flipped up then flip them up. No trailer you say? Keep them down...

Old 11-26-2012, 04:32 PM
FireDodge
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All the "farm" boys (or so they claim) in town here have theirs flipped up all the time. Even the newer trucks that mommy and daddy bought for them have the mirrors flipped. I for one wouldn't trade my little mirrors for those. Not ideal for tight trails haha.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:57 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FireDodge
All the "farm" boys (or so they claim) in town here have theirs flipped up all the time.
Well, yeah, ya know, a guy pulling a trailer went by on the highway while they were sitting in the Hardee's drive-thru, so it's legit.

I hear tell that all the babes know that only guys who are Not To Be Trifled With and sporting Johnsons of extraordinary proportion are allowed to run with their tow mirrors extended and/or fog lights on a clear night. And the clincher? A big freakin' decal in the back window. You got that decal, tow mirrors, and fog lights, and you'll be beatin' off.

Women with sticks? Nah, no women gonna be anywhere near ya.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:55 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

So guys, how about if you need towing mirrors, get the type that slides over your current mirrors and clips on, and when they aren't needed anymore it just comes off... Sounds like the best fix...

Old 11-26-2012, 06:00 PM
dlyter09
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive got nothing against the mirrors.. Its the fact the 90% of people keep them flipped up with no trailer and that is just stupid and pointless.. I actually like the way they look and they do come in handy when you need them.. Like when I haul hay I use them.. But with no trailer and driving around town there is no need

Old 11-27-2012, 12:49 AM
Ugly1
Record Breaker
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by techningeer
So guys, how about if you need towing mirrors, get the type that slides over your current mirrors and clips on, and when they aren't needed anymore it just comes off... Sounds like the best fix...
If they work...the ones I tried kept going out of adjustment all the time. I just bought some of the old school ones with big aluminum frames and a stretchy belts with hooks that attaches on the door sill. Got them off Craigs List for like $5-10 iirc.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:25 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey mattk,

ignore these *****! No, I don't have a dog to get in this fight....but you have to admit...it's funnnah.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:16 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Well, yeah, ya know, a guy pulling a trailer went by on the highway while they were sitting in the Hardee's drive-thru, so it's legit.

I hear tell that all the babes know that only guys who are Not To Be Trifled With and sporting Johnsons of extraordinary proportion are allowed to run with their tow mirrors extended and/or fog lights on a clear night. And the clincher? A big freakin' decal in the back window. You got that decal, tow mirrors, and fog lights, and you'll be beatin' off.

Women with sticks? Nah, no women gonna be anywhere near ya.
Hey now! Don't hate!
Besides, the factory fogs are these trucks are kinda crap anyhow....

I like having the little bit of extra road coverage the fogs provide.

I should get some towing mirrors.

And take a picture with them flipped up, just to **** y'all off.

Quick Reply: New tow mirrors installed......