2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New tow mirrors installed......

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 06:25 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a hitch cover, but I haven't put it in because I am too cheap to go buy a locking pin.

In other news, this thread got way off target...

Old 11-27-2012, 06:31 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Dammit, I thought you were joking. That's what I get for doing my own thinking, I guess.

Now that I've been properly schooled, I'm going to get me some fog lights and wire 'em up so they come on with the headlights. It'd be a waste of money to put in a dedicated switch for something that rightfully ought to be on all the time anyway.
No, no no....wire them to come on with your parking lights. Smaller wires + increased current draw can only lead to good things!!

Old 11-27-2012, 06:39 PM
dlyter09
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always have my fogs on mainly due to the fact they provide extra light out to the sides and it helps spot them suicidal deer on the backroads around here

Old 11-27-2012, 06:42 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Smaller wires + increased current draw can only lead to good things!!
I'm a-thinkin' yer onto something there. It can't but help fuel economy to prevent excessive snow accumulation in the bed of the truck! Boy oh boy, this modrun technology is fun. Oh wow. Howzabout I hang some tow mirrors over that bed heater so they'll be power defrosted tow mirrors?

And those folks around the corner with a hydronic driveway heater thought they were cool. I'll give 'em something to drool over!

(And I'm not even joking about that. I've got neighbors with a heated driveway. It makes purty ice dams at the bottom of it every winter.)

Old 11-27-2012, 06:44 PM
dlyter09
Champion

I'm a-thinkin' yer onto something there. It can't but help fuel economy to prevent excessive snow accumulation in the bed of the truck! Boy oh boy, this modrun technology is fun. Oh wow. Howzabout I hang some tow mirrors over that bed heater so they'll be power defrosted tow mirrors?

And those folks around the corner with a hydronic driveway heater thought they were cool. I'll give 'em something to drool over!

(And I'm not even joking about that. I've got neighbors with a heated driveway. It makes purty ice dams at the bottom of it every winter.)
I have seen that... Helped install one in the driveway of my grandmothers neighbors driveway.. The guy ran copper pipe all around his driveway then put the pavement down.. He has a water heater just for the driveway... Kinda cool but kinda completely pointless at the same time for the reason you said.. The water goes to where the heat isnt and it all re freezes..

Old 11-28-2012, 07:15 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

I like you're thinkin...

Old 11-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes i think its worth it to just flip em up and post pics on here to watch the ensueing $hitstorm! They are useful to have tho , i just keep mine flipped down cause i like the small look.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:47 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnn123
i just keep mine flipped down cause i like the small look.
Thus: Tow mirrors extended with no trailer is like wearing a condom with no woman.

Ya only need it big when you're going to use it.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:11 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

When I get my winnings tomorrow....I'm going to buy a 3500...hopefully it comes with tow mirrors so I can play this game too....oh...and fog lights..

Old 11-28-2012, 11:14 PM
TexnOr
Rookie

You need to show them things off like women do their boob's..Leave those puppies up!!

Quick Reply: New tow mirrors installed......