2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

redneck_rams 360 build thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 07:26 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well looks like my buddy and.i are going.to start pulling.the.truck apart this weekend... least thats the.plan.

shod be hearing back from sean about.my.custom tune tomorrow then all i need to do is get the new injectors from zman.

cant wait to get this thing started!

Old 03-09-2013, 08:55 AM
redneck_ram
Champion

getting ready to head to zmans house here in a bit. when i get back, im going to start pulling the truck apart.

getting pretty excited about this!!

Old 03-09-2013, 12:11 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

All I can add at this time is, take your time don't rush anything don't let little stupid things get under your skin if they don't go right. Keep your work area clean so as no accidents happen. Cell phone off so you don't get distracted from your work. Keep your new pup away from the work area as well, don't need him getting sick from drinking some flavor of fluid. If you drink keep the beers away until the day is over with, then sit down and enjoy a drink or two.

Edit: When I go to start a new motor for the first time I always have a fire extinguisher at hand just in case.

Last edited by merc225hp; 03-09-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:26 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

He doesn't drink, and his puppy is cute as hell. But I agree, keep the pup away from the work for now until she gets a little older. Another 10 pounds and we'll let Angus have a go at her. ;

Seriously though, had a bad experience with Angus when he was a pup and some AF.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:33 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

Originally Posted by zman17
He doesn't drink, and his puppy is cute as hell. But I agree, keep the pup away from the work for now until she gets a little older. Another 10 pounds and we'll let Angus have a go at her. ;

Seriously though, had a bad experience with Angus when he was a pup and some AF.
i do drink, just not often enough. got some ice cold bud in the cooler from when i built the motor. didnt drink em all. haha.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:19 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

played around with the motor some more today. fixed my distributor issue, so now its all pointing the correct way.

gotta re-install the oil pump, and pan again tomorrow. as well as install the injectors that i bought off zman today.

didnt do anything to the truck like i wanted to do, so next chance will be thursday and friday. gotta drive to the other side of the state on saturday, then sunday the motor will be in, and hopefully running!

Old 03-09-2013, 08:21 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
played around with the motor some more today. fixed my distributor issue, so now its all pointing the correct way.

gotta re-install the oil pump, and pan again tomorrow. as well as install the injectors that i bought off zman today.

didnt do anything to the truck like i wanted to do, so next chance will be thursday and friday. gotta drive to the other side of the state on saturday, then sunday the motor will be in, and hopefully running!
How long does that take? 15 minutes?

Old 03-09-2013, 08:44 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

Originally Posted by stewie01
dick! haha

'bout 2-2 1/2 hours i live on the border of maine, and i need to go to the vermont border. both in southern nh

Old 03-09-2013, 08:56 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

...... gotta drive to the other side of the state on saturday, then sunday the motor will be in, and hopefully running!
Originally Posted by stewie01
dick! haha

'bout 2-2 1/2 hours i live on the border of maine, and i need to go to the vermont border. both in southern nh

Heehee...... ( about 16 hours to do that here........)

Old 03-10-2013, 10:57 AM
redneck_ram
Champion

gonna be in the mid 50's today! time to start running wires for the new oil psi gauge, and the new wideband gauge. pics WILL follow!!

Quick Reply: redneck_rams 360 build thread