2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Fair Price for Plenum fix?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 07:24 AM
Scooter78
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by merc225hp
Do it for free or don't do it at all.
I wish I could afford to do it for free, but the thing is... My projects need funding as well, and if I dont get paid doing that, I could easily be getting paid doing something else. I want him to not get ripped by a dealer or shop and feel like he is getting a good deal, but not throw away a day of my paycheck.
Dont get me wrong, Im certainly not the guy that ties to squeeze every cent out of everywhere possible, but I do like efficiency both in my work and in my wallet, and I should hope that my co-worker can appreciate that.

Also: Does anyone know how to put more than one quote in a post? I would have answered the last two in the same post, but I dont know how to mulit-quote. Thanks.

Last edited by Scooter78; 03-22-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:55 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Click the button to the right of the "quote" button, click it for each post you want to quote and click quote on the last one..

Old 03-22-2013, 08:07 AM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
Click the button to the right of the "quote" button, click it for each post you want to quote and click quote on the last one..
As long as your on the main site. If on mobile its a no go.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:14 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ Tis true... I forgot about that.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:24 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Nickerson
^i took that deal from a friend...twice. Now I need to replace the intake myself sometime soon.
ahhhhh shiat dude!!

Old 03-22-2013, 10:31 AM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is wisdom in this statement. Friends and family relatonships can go into the toliet as soon as money gets involved. At the end one wonders, "Was it worth it?" Asking that question up front can save some grief.

But let's give some thought to the projects you need to do. Pick one. Maybe see if he will get the parts (nothing expensive like a lift kit) and you both work on both tasks. He helps, you get a project done, he learns about the plenum as he is helping work on it.

Just a thought.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:48 AM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gdstock
There is wisdom in this statement. Friends and family relationships can go into the toilet as soon as money gets involved. At the end one wonders, "Was it worth it?" Asking that question up front can save some grief.
Thank you that's exactly why I said that. Been down that road way to many times. I can't count the times I have been ripped off, "your my friend and I will pay you later" and it never happens.

Last edited by merc225hp; 03-22-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:25 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

However, there comes with charging someone to work on their vehicle for them a certain amount of liability. I never change someone to work on their car. If they offer to give me something, then thats one thing. But charging someone implies it is a professional service...and what if something happens or is not done right or whatever...then you are liable, especially if you have some form of signed document. Just be careful is all I'm saying. You find out who your real friends are real quick as soon as you work on someones car for them and a week later the engine blows up for some reason totally unrelated to what you worked on or fixed...just another perspective.

Last edited by jkeaton; 03-22-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:31 AM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^ +1 and a very good perspective.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:33 PM
guzman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Liability

Originally Posted by jkeaton
However, there comes with charging someone to work on their vehicle for them a certain amount of liability. I never change someone to work on their car. If they offer to give me something, then thats one thing. But charging someone implies it is a professional service...and what if something happens or is not done right or whatever...then you are liable, especially if you have some form of signed document. Just be careful is all I'm saying. You find out who your real friends are real quick as soon as you work on someones car for them and a week later the engine blows up for some reason totally unrelated to what you worked on or fixed...just another perspective.
This is VERY true^^^^....same reason why I don't work on anymore vehicles or Motorcycles for anyone.....sadly 10 yrs ago or so it used to not bother me but tooooo many lawyers nowdays looking for blood and money.

Quick Reply: Fair Price for Plenum fix?