2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

No Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 04:09 PM
guzman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muffler

Originally Posted by RBC
alrighty...might as well try it, ha. cut past the cab...pull that off, put a turn-down on for the heck of it. looks like i have a little weekend project!
Leave the tailpipe long enough so after you get tired of the noise and the cab shaking and maybe your ears ringing you can have enough meat left to install a decent muffler that will produce a nice mellow sound instead of BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. This comes from a older driver of course. If your like the V-twin M/C riders around here they think loud is fast....not necessarily so.....just obnoxious IMHO. Good luck.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:22 PM
RBC
Amateur

Got it...I'll spare as much as possible! Seems like a cool enough sound IMO, from the videos I've seen haha

Old 04-10-2013, 04:54 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RBC
sounds pretty easy. so im curious as to what the popular opinion is...do you guys think it would sound good with no muffler or sound like crap?
Originally Posted by kejobe
It doesn't matter how we think it sounds. It's how you think it sounds. I put up a couple vids. If you like it, do it. If not, then don't.
Originally Posted by RBC
Got it...I'll spare as much as possible! Seems like a cool enough sound IMO, from the videos I've seen haha

If there is a thread here that is not technical, this is it.

How do I think it will sound - like ***!

But it is your truck and I won't be hearing it, so knock yourself out! But remember, just because there is no emission testing where you are, there still may be motor vehicle statues (laws) for noise and other issues which you may be ticketed for!

Old 04-10-2013, 06:31 PM
RBC
Amateur

ah well haha, might as well try it. it's a 17 year old truck anyway, if i screw something up oh well. but like Vaughn said...beauty is in the eye of the beholder haha. i cant imagine getting ticketed, but you never know. i didnt think it would be that insanely loud, and ive heard some louder exhausts around here.

Last edited by RBC; 04-10-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:45 PM
guzman
Professional
Default Truck

Originally Posted by RBC
ah well haha, might as well try it. it's a 17 year old truck anyway, if i screw something up oh well. but like Vaughn said...beauty is in the eye of the beholder haha. i cant imagine getting ticketed, but you never know. i didnt think it would be that insanely loud, and ive heard some louder exhausts around here.

Since its a 17 yr. old Dodge now I understand.....ha ha.....Oh wait!!! My truck is that old too!!!! Give me the hacksaw NOW and stand back!!! ha ha. Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaa....pop pop pop...nnnddddnaaaa.....backfire.....brrrppp....pop pop.....

Old 04-10-2013, 08:06 PM
gdstock
Legend

I only have one vehicle that is as old as I am....

Old 04-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Yinzer
Professional

Originally Posted by guzman
Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaa....pop pop pop...nnnddddnaaaa.....backfire.....brrrppp....pop pop.....
So this is what it'd look like if my truck could email me.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:02 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gdstock
If there is a thread here that is not technical, this is it.
Originally Posted by guzman
Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaa....pop pop pop...nnnddddnaaaa.....backfire.....brrrppp....pop pop.....
Originally Posted by Yinzer
So this is what it'd look like if my truck could email me.
i think this is a very high-tech thread. we're talking about getting emails from our trucks. LOL.

mine would just sing to the tune of mary had a little lamb - spend more money on parts and gas. parts and gas. parts and gas. spend more money on parts and gas, so early in the morning.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:22 PM
gdstock
Legend

Originally Posted by dhvaughan
i think this is a very high-tech thread. we're talking about getting emails from our trucks. LOL.

mine would just sing to the tune of mary had a little lamb - spend more money on parts and gas. parts and gas. parts and gas. spend more money on parts and gas, so early in the morning.

Mine used to sing the same tune...now it's only tolls and gas, tolls and gas.... (knocking on wood...)

Old 04-11-2013, 10:58 PM
RBC
Amateur

I have one more question...I've seen some stuff about how messing with straight pipes can screw with the backpressure and mess with power curves and the motor and stuff like that...will this happen to me by cutting out the muffler?

EDIT: Crap...I'm not sure if I can do this anymore. Apparently the Ohio Revised Code requires a vehicle to have a muffler :/

Last edited by RBC; 04-11-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Quick Reply: No Muffler