2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

No Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 11:02 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RBC
I have one more question...I've seen some stuff about how messing with straight pipes can screw with the backpressure and mess with power curves and the motor and stuff like that...will this happen to me by cutting out the muffler?
No...

Old 04-12-2013, 12:12 AM
Matt Nickerson
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RBC
EDIT: Crap...I'm not sure if I can do this anymore. Apparently the Ohio Revised Code requires a vehicle to have a muffler :/
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4513.22
Just don't get caught...
Keep a bashed up muffler in the cab or bed. That way if you get pulled over, you can show the cop you recently took it off because "it got crushed when you were driving down a farm road" or something along those lines. And tell him your getting a new one soon.

Should help you get out of a ticket.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:13 AM
RBC
Amateur

Haha, alright. Half the time around here (I'm not sure where you are in NW Ohio, I'm in Findlay) the cops don't seem to care about stuff like that half the time anyway. I'm hoping as long as I play it safe and go real easy on the throttle in the presence of a cop, I should be good.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:36 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Go to advance auto, spend $30 and get a thrush cherry bomb or some cheap glass pack like that. You will not be sorry. It will still be loud as crap but it will help with the oh-so obnoxious blaaaaap...pop....blaaaap....pop....you can't hear that sound from inside the truck, but get behind someone running straight pipes. It truly does sound like a$$.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:50 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Oops I accidentally moved this to 2nd gen Dakota instead of 2nd gen Ram general discussion. Could a mod in this section please move this to the 2nd gen Ram general discussion section? Thanks.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Yinzer
Professional

View My Video
Here's a small vid of my truck with straight pipes. It's beyond obnoxious, but until I have spare cash for some Dynomax VT's in 3in... this is how it's gonna stay haha.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:10 PM
00DakDan
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Oops I accidentally moved this to 2nd gen Dakota instead of 2nd gen Ram general discussion. Could a mod in this section please move this to the 2nd gen Ram general discussion section? Thanks.
Done!

Quick Reply: No Muffler