2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Exhaust Question...can this be done?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 06:51 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These trucks don't throw codes often. lol Some need a nonfouler, some don't. You just need to make sure you don't have a sniffer test. Which, I think you would know by now.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:58 PM
Big Joe C
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha oh ya forgot about that one. My buddy has a 08 Subaru WRX with a catless dual exhaust system and you can deffinitly smell the difference lol.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:26 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Joe C
Oh and I forgot, do you think with a straight through/catless set up it will sound kinda crappy and raspy then it would with a hi flow cat. Becuase I've herd the hi flows deepin the tone.
i've got a jegg's y-pipe, no cat, a short intermediate pipe, then a 2-in/1-out off-brand muffler from the local muffler shop (the biggest/quietest one they had), then dual pipes over the axles and out the back. all welded up. it sounds clean and not too loud.

to me - my gutted cat sounded like crap, and a no cat/straight pipe into the stock muffler sounded like crap too.

Old 05-28-2013, 12:09 AM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

I'm looking at going with Pacesetter LT headers (3" collector) into the matching 3" Y-pipe, then a 3" high flow Cat, and the 3" Magnaflow Cat back (4" tip).
I know 3" is bigger than often recommended, but I hope there wont be too bigger negative to this setup... and hopefully a decent deep clean note (not too loud).

Old 05-28-2013, 07:43 PM
Big Joe C
Professional

Ya that will sound good. Only reason I'm not going LT's is becuase its 4x4...LT's and trying to clear the front axle would be a pain. Plus it's a street truck not a race truck haha.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:14 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Redneck has LT's on his 4x4....just sayin'.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:55 PM
Big Joe C
Professional

Ya but did he have to spend a good amount of money on custom exhaust to work with the LT's...

Old 05-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Pacesetter LT's and their Y-pipe are listed as fitting 2WD and 4WD.
I don't see front axle clearance being an issue... the tight point is between the frame and the transfer case.
The left bank of the Y-pipe runs down the side of the transfer case and then crosses behind it to meet up with the other bank... this pushes the Cat further back (if you're going to use one), and will need an O2 extension cable.
I'm figuring the Cat will be right on the muffler, and that will be just in front of the rear axle on my SWB.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Question...can this be done?