2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

nose badge

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 09:56 PM
dshuld
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nose badge

Hello guys/girls, new here and hoping since i can't find the answer lurking in the search function someone will know the answer...

Working on my first dodge (96 ram ext cab in case sig doesn't show up) and ive finally gotten to a point where I'm ready for the cosmetic side of things. From what I've found stock part number is 55295240 for the badge. Ive run across a 55295240AB which is for the 03-04? Dakota.

So my question is, can anyone verify the size of the 55295240AB by chance? I like the fact its all black and chrome instead of black chrome and red writing. I tried searching google and several different forums seem have come up empty unless I'm not typing it in just right to get to the answer I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Don

Old 07-02-2013, 02:28 PM
dshuld

For future reference in case anyone else is interested in the AB badge..its 1/8 inch shorter then the stock badge.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Matt Nickerson
Record Breaker

So did you put it on anyway or no?
A 3rd gen badge is the same style as the dakota, maybe it'll fit better.. LMC Trucks website has emblems for every dodge truck, could also peel one off a truck from a junkyard.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:39 PM
dshuld

No its on ebay but I may go ahead and buy it. Was talking to my boss and she reminded me shes friends with the owner of a dealership. We called him and he checked it out for me. After I got off the phone with him I finally got a reply from the person selling it with the measurements.

for now ive ordered "rampage" overlay all chrome on a black background.

Last edited by dshuld; 07-02-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:34 PM
dshuld

hopefully this shows up....the 3rd gens are the 3d ones right? this one looks just like the stock flat one but 1/8 inch smaller both side to side and top to tip.

Attached Images  

Last edited by dshuld; 07-02-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Quick Reply: nose badge