2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Aren't you glad you bought a Dodge?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 05:25 PM
SilverSS
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my Dodge. Been one of the most reliable vehicles I've ever had. Sitting at around 170,000 miles now. I recently bought a 97 Expedition 5.4 with 3.73's in it and was going to sell my truck but I just couldn't do it. I really don't like the Ford that much but it's better for hauling around the family. Expedition gets worse mileage than the Dodge and is considerably slower. I can't even use the cruise control in Florida because it will kick down to 2nd gear on EVERY little hill. I'm in Tennessee right now and the Expy has a hard time going up any of these hills- the Dodge just cruises right up in o/d.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:32 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

put a turbo on it

vehicles with turbo's hardly know what a hill is...when you get on a hill, it just spools the turbo more and increases power at the same engine rpm level... power is no longer a fixed point on an rpm band like a naturally aspirated motor...your power band is variable on a turbocharged rig. the more load you put on the engine, the more power it makes...

Old 07-22-2013, 03:40 PM
SilverSS
Captain

Originally Posted by Jigabop
put a turbo on it

vehicles with turbo's hardly know what a hill is...when you get on a hill, it just spools the turbo more and increases power at the same engine rpm level... power is no longer a fixed point on an rpm band like a naturally aspirated motor...your power band is variable on a turbocharged rig. the more load you put on the engine, the more power it makes...
If I put a turbo on anything I'd put it on the Trans Am or the Monte Carlo . I don't mind the trucks not being fast- just irritating the Expy can't get up a hill without losing a lot of speed or downshifting.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:50 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Get rid of the Expy then. lol

Old 07-23-2013, 03:50 AM
Mopar Mike
Veteran

My brother has been a lifelong Chevy guy, and Dodge hater. I remember he gave me so much crap when he came home and seen my Dodge in the driveway for the first time. A couple years ago, he let me drive his 03 S10 as much as I wanted, while having me sell it for him. He went out and bought a 06 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat. He's had so many problems out of that truck, it's not even funny. I think he's almost paid for the truck over again just in repairs keeping the stupid thing on the road. The past couple times his truck has had to be repaired at the dealer, the Ford dealership actually gave him a Ram loner truck. He's had nothing but good things to say about it, and I think that his next truck might actually be a Ram, thanks to the Ford dealership.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:53 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Ahahaha.

he shoulda kept the S10...

I have an older one and love it. super easy to work on and very reliable. not much that can go wrong with it because it's so damn basic...

only complaint other than gearing and wanting to swap the trans that I've just been too lazy to do (already have a donor vehicle for the trans) no A/C! lol so when it's a warm/hot day I drive the ram...when it's a cooler day I will drive the S10.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:36 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

My friend just recently bought a 2010 SportTrac Limited. He loves the way the truck rides and the power, but he has been having issues with the traction control, ABS sensors, air bag lights, and seat belt sensors. lol

Granted, it's nothing compared to the Tundra he just got rid of, would always overheat in traffic, burned out, etc..

Old 07-23-2013, 04:30 PM
dman12323
Veteran

My dad use to have a Tundra, It was honestly a really reliable vehicle.Currently at 160,000 some miles with very few parts needing change. Now for the cons, He literally has to replace is battery every year in that Toyo.And even though some toyo's are made here. I still don't consider it

Attached Thumbnails Aren't you glad you bought a Dodge?-5gwb.jpg  
Old 07-23-2013, 04:35 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

He had a lemon. Truck couldn't get out of it's own way either. It was the later facelifted version, 2005 I think. 4.7 V8. I can peel better than that truck could, he could never even break the tires loose at all. lol

Old 07-23-2013, 04:38 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since we're ragging on Yoters, the wife's 1997 Corolla, auto, with over 233,000 miles on it is still on the factory alternator, only 1 timing belt chain needed so far, no other major repairs have been needed.

Still gets almost 30mpg.

Quick Reply: Aren't you glad you bought a Dodge?