2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

my 48 cummins powered pickup build

Old 08-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hood stack FTW!

Old 08-26-2013, 01:29 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha, no hood stack for me, I wouldn't make it 10ft on the pavement brefore getting pulled over in this "wounderful" state

Old 08-26-2013, 01:43 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Yeah, probably wouldn't make it far in this state either.

Though I have gotten away with straight pipe for 5 years now and not a single comment from law enforcement about it. Been pulled over for no mud flaps once by some noob cop that looked no older than 21. Damn I feel old now. I have like 9 years on this kid.

I didn't take him seriously... still no mud flaps haha. the other time I got pulled over was for no license plate lights...stupid bulb fell out of its socket and was hanging by it's wire.

Never pulled over for speeding, noise, or excess smoke in the big truck. In cars I have gotten pulled over all the time for speeding and such, never once in the Dodge. strange. Guess cops either like or just don't pay attention to full size trucks around here.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:14 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,168 Likes on 2,922 Posts

What I find really amusing is getting pulled over by some 'kid'... and him proceeding to lecture me about my driving. I just kinda look at him funny, and point out to him that I have been driving longer than He has been ALIVE, and to save his 'sage advice' for his kids. Write me a ticket, or let me go, spare me your lectures. Of course, I don't even remember the last time I was even pulled over, let alone, got a ticket..... think it's been six years or more.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:22 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Cool build.

Subscribed.

Old 08-26-2013, 04:35 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Jigabop
Yeah, probably wouldn't make it far in this state either.

Though I have gotten away with straight pipe for 5 years now and not a single comment from law enforcement about it. Been pulled over for no mud flaps once by some noob cop that looked no older than 21. Damn I feel old now. I have like 9 years on this kid.

I didn't take him seriously... still no mud flaps haha. the other time I got pulled over was for no license plate lights...stupid bulb fell out of its socket and was hanging by it's wire.

Never pulled over for speeding, noise, or excess smoke in the big truck. In cars I have gotten pulled over all the time for speeding and such, never once in the Dodge. strange. Guess cops either like or just don't pay attention to full size trucks around here.
Originally Posted by HeyYou
What I find really amusing is getting pulled over by some 'kid'... and him proceeding to lecture me about my driving. I just kinda look at him funny, and point out to him that I have been driving longer than He has been ALIVE, and to save his 'sage advice' for his kids. Write me a ticket, or let me go, spare me your lectures. Of course, I don't even remember the last time I was even pulled over, let alone, got a ticket..... think it's been six years or more.
I've never gotten a ticket Only been pulled over 3 times in 3 years of driving, one for no head light, one for having my seat belt under my arm and once by the ministry for having a glass pack exhaust.

Anyways I just wanted to subscribe

Old 08-26-2013, 06:50 PM
Jigabop
Champion

I haven't gotten a ticket in over 6 years as well..

Last ticket I got was in my 02 Jetta TDI (RIP) and I got a lawyer and got the ticket dropped

on topic:

that truck looks like it'll be a fun build! be a very rare combo not many have done before!

Old 08-26-2013, 06:55 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

*stayontopic*

Old 08-26-2013, 07:11 PM
Deadsquiggles
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribed

Old 08-26-2013, 11:41 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well not too much progress today, but every little bit counts I thought for a moment I could utilize the factory cab mounts but of corse its not that easy, so I removed the mounts from the frame and got some iron comig tomarow to fab some new ones, hopefully will have the cab in its final place and mounted in the next couple days

Name:  20130826_193400_zps3565770a.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  143.5 KB

Last edited by dodgetrucker75; 09-13-2013 at 12:10 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: my 48 cummins powered pickup build