2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Got my build sheet today

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 06:28 AM
DeeJayh
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well for me such things are no big deal. I will be able to install alarm(w/proximity)/keylessentry/remotestart for a grand total of about 110 bucks with a two way remote that'll tell me if the alarm is going off up to 1.7 miles away, automatic window roll up if you hold lock instead of press, auto roll down for unlock w/hold.operating temperature shutoff for remote start to save gas. It's great. The actual system is only 80 bucks, the proximity detector costs 30 so 110, but it's worth it.

On a more serious note, I should also be getting around 25-30 miles to the gallon here soon. Oughta be sweet.

Old 08-30-2013, 07:08 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DeeJayh
Well for me such things are no big deal. I will be able to install alarm(w/proximity)/keylessentry/remotestart for a grand total of about 110 bucks with a two way remote that'll tell me if the alarm is going off up to 1.7 miles away, automatic window roll up if you hold lock instead of press, auto roll down for unlock w/hold.operating temperature shutoff for remote start to save gas. It's great. The actual system is only 80 bucks, the proximity detector costs 30 so 110, but it's worth it.

On a more serious note, I should also be getting around 25-30 miles to the gallon here soon. Oughta be sweet.
25-30MPG's in what?

Cause we both damn sure know that ain't gonna happen in a Ram pickup....

Old 08-30-2013, 08:09 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by DeeJayh
(This is a thread for anything and everything; Expect off topic banter and nonsense here.
If your doing research and looking for answers, you're at the wrong thread, because this
thread will go from build sheets to unicorns in 7 tenths of a second flat. ENJOY THE FUN!)

Questions, comments, concerns?
So you just decided to create another OT thread??? After all we have been through??

Though I also want to know what your going to be getting that kind of mileage in......

Old 08-30-2013, 08:35 AM
DeeJayh
Rookie

Originally Posted by jkeaton
So you just decided to create another OT thread??? After all we have been through??

Though I also want to know what your going to be getting that kind of mileage in......
Originally Posted by stewie01
25-30MPG's in what?

Cause we both damn sure know that ain't gonna happen in a Ram pickup....
It's not that it IS an off topic thread, it's just inevitable it will head that direction besides that my social life is practically non-existant and it's nice to have people to talk to... plus I warned people so they don't waste their time.

To answer both your questions; Yes, my 5.9L Ram 1500 Sport. That's what I'm shooting for, I may only hit 2X, but yes I'm shooting for 30. With gain in power, and reduced to non-existant emissions. I'll get back to everyone on that if I'm successful. It'll be in it's own thread probably, I may post up a link here. Who knows.

Edit: Just to add some clarity. Yes, Stock motor (360) and still burning gasoline. No I am not extracting and harnessing the power of Gahar.

Last edited by DeeJayh; 08-30-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:43 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

You will be very lucky to hit 20 with the 360 on the freeway, downhill, with a tailwind. Maybe if someone was pushing you..... but that's about the only way. It's a truck. It has all the aerodynamics of a brick, and it weighs north of 5K pounds. You are going to be hard pressed to even get to 20mpg. Maybe if you start doing some really custom tuning, and push mixture ratios to 18:1 or better under steady-state cruise on the highway.... but, that's about the only way to manage it.

That said, I hope you can prove me wrong. Then I will quickly follow your lead. I got a whopping 15 average on a 300 mile trip......

Old 08-30-2013, 09:53 AM
DeeJayh
Rookie

Originally Posted by HeyYou
You will be very lucky to hit 20 with the 360 on the freeway, downhill, with a tailwind. Maybe if someone was pushing you..... but that's about the only way. It's a truck. It has all the aerodynamics of a brick, and it weighs north of 5K pounds. You are going to be hard pressed to even get to 20mpg. Maybe if you start doing some really custom tuning, and push mixture ratios to 18:1 or better under steady-state cruise on the highway.... but, that's about the only way to manage it.

That said, I hope you can prove me wrong. Then I will quickly follow your lead. I got a whopping 15 average on a 300 mile trip......
If I do I'll be sharing the technology and plans here for everyone to use, though I am sure I'll get a lot of flack over the idea AND the technology even after posting hard proof in video form that it works (that is, if it works xD) Anyways I certainly hope I can too. It would be great. Wish me luck.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:24 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was a dude a while back that got pissed off because his truck didn't get more than 18 hwy after he spend several hundred dollars on parts. And he was pissed at us because we were right.

And why the hell did you turn this thread into a banter thread? I mean really?!

Old 08-30-2013, 11:40 AM
BBartow
Captain

At least it was the OP and not you.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:44 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

This is true.

Considering I don't give a warning. I just do it.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:17 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

I dont think this thread will remain open very long. Me thinks DeeJayh and Dodge~Dude should hook up since neither of them seem to have a life....maybe start some kind of self help/therapy group or something, get involved in video games maybe....anything....something....

Last edited by jkeaton; 08-30-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Got my build sheet today