2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

3" full suspension lift for $350!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 10:11 PM
G0083RNUT5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever make that DIY for your suspension lift yet? Great pics, would help a lot. I haven't put in extra leaf springs before and wanted to go with that 2" set of skyjackers. Any tricks or any words or warning/advice on installing those? Much appreciated =)

Old 12-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

When I put on my Skyjacker lift, the rear AAL took twice as long as the front. You need big C-clamps to hold the leaves while you loosen the bolts and the top center bolt which may be rusted solid. Once the axle is dropped, slowly loosen the c-clamps. The kit comes with new center pins but these were too big and I had to grind the head down in order to seat into the axle. Put grease on the top of the new leaf, install below pack but above the large flat bottoming spring. Once put together, then started compressing with the C-clamps and keep it aligned carefully. Never compress the leaves with the center bolt. Never release the clamps until the u-bolts are re-installed. I was careful to set the leaf packs down on the exact marks before tightening. Then torque the u-bolts and re-torque after some miles. Done.

Quick Reply: 3" full suspension lift for $350!!!