2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

5" Lift Is On!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 05:15 PM
Blue Mopar01
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great IMO!

Old 10-06-2013, 07:13 PM
BBartow
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks awesome man.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:44 AM
ChillyPhil
All Star

Thanks everyone!

Finally got that dumb bigger picture deleted, thanks HeyYou.

And WITH THE INSTALLATION OF THE LIFT, they had to relocate the brake lines and custom fabricate some brackets for them since some didn't work.

Originally Posted by HeyYou
You can't edit your own post??

Truck looks awful. Especially those tires. You should give it to me, to spare yourself the pain of having it parked in the driveway.....

Wish the body on my truck looked that good......
Hahaha it's actually in a garage But the body isn't the best cause i got a freakin dent in the front bumper due to drifting into a sheetz pole disquised as a sign... And some of my paint needs a touchin up.

Originally Posted by merc225hp
Yeah fix that damn pix! I see you have the after lift lean or is it my eyes. You might also let the front suspension drop to it' full travel and make sure your brake lines are long enough.
Think i got it! But what you mean after lean? How would i fix it? But i guess the only way of doing that is putting it up on a car lift?

Originally Posted by oxymoron29
Looks really good and IMO doesn't look funny at all even with the 33's. I would definitely look into replacing that rear brake line with a Skyjacker RBL60 or similar. If you were flexing the other side of the truck I'm pretty sure you'd be at full extension...that's how mine was anyway.
Yeah i thought it would look dumb but it actually doesn't. And what do you mean if i only did the other side it would be at full extension? Like, the farthest it would go until the brake lines stretch?

Originally Posted by InfO
Looks great! Can't wait to have pictures of mine finished and up, but I'm slow! ;o)

Definitely echo what others are saying though - check the brakelines. I've the skyjacker ss line for the rear and even as I'm currently working on the front I'm looking at the lines that are stretched out and thinking... yep... might need to work on those!

InfO.
Yeah i'll have to see about them things.

If you're looking at upgrading the brake lines have a look at these guys, our 2nd gen trucks are not listed on there site, so call them and they can make up up a set or just the front two. I am very happy with mine, one of my top 10 fav upgrades. Mine are 10" over stock length lines and I paid $145 less tax/shipping and customs fee's.

http://www.crownperformance.com/
Yeah, i saw on the website they only have lines for newer rams. I guess i could call them sometime down the road because i still want it lifted 2-3" when i get the money for a body lift. (If they're safe, still need to do some researching on them.) Would 10" longer like you got, be good for me too? Since i only wanna go 2-3 more inches.

Originally Posted by ryan0714
looks good man. even the way it sits. but 35s would look better :P
Thanks man, and yep that'll be a near upgrade in the future! I think i might go all terrain instead of mud terrain though, not sure yet.

Last edited by ChillyPhil; 10-07-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:32 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ChillyPhil
Thanks everyone!

Think i got it! But what you mean after lean? How would i fix it? But i guess the only way of doing that is putting it up on a car lift?

Yeah, i saw on the website they only have lines for newer rams. I guess i could call them sometime down the road because i still want it lifted 2-3" when i get the money for a body lift. (If they're safe, still need to do some researching on them.) Would 10" longer like you got, be good for me too? Since i only wanna go 2-3 more inches.
It is common on some 2nd gen trucks that when you lift them you will introduce a lean. Get a tape measure out find a nice even road/spot to park the truck (I use the cement pads around the gas station), then go around and measure each wheel well opening, go from the ground to the edge of the fender, or if the tires have even wear from the top of them to the fender lip. Ods are the driver rear side is lower than the rest. After spending a day swapping front coils around I found out it has nothing to do with them.

I would say 7" over stock would be where you need to be, adding a body lift has no effect on those brake lines. You can also talk with the guy at Crown and he will advise you as to what you need.

Last edited by merc225hp; 10-07-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:26 AM
ChillyPhil
All Star

Yeah I noticed that. My front end is weird like that too I think. Like my bumper looks off-center. I'm not sure though, haha.

But alright, I'll talk to him after I get some of this other stuff looked at when I catch back up on funds. I need to find out why my truck randomly shuts off when I come to a stop and the idle drops below 800. Plus sometimes one side of my low beams don't come on the first time and I need to turn my lights off and back on. And them headers still need looked at.

Is body lifts semi easy to put on? Trick Trucks won't put them on around here because they said they're too dangerous and unreliable.

Last edited by ChillyPhil; 10-08-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:59 PM
merc225hp
Champion

Originally Posted by ChillyPhil
Yeah I noticed that. My front end is weird like that too I think. Like my bumper looks off-center. I'm not sure though, haha.

But alright, I'll talk to him after I get some of this other stuff looked at when I catch back up on funds. I need to find out why my truck randomly shuts off when I come to a stop and the idle drops below 800. Plus sometimes one side of my low beams don't come on the first time and I need to turn my lights off and back on. And them headers still need looked at.

Is body lifts semi easy to put on? Trick Trucks won't put them on around here because they said they're too dangerous and unreliable.
Check to make sure the front diff is centered under the truck....trackbar, you can do this using plumbbobs and a tape measure. Hang the plumbbobs off the center of the fender down to the top of the tire and see whats up for difference between the two. The book says 1/4" out is fine, me I disagree on this get it as close to center/even as possible under a 1/8" is best. Edit That will take an adjustable track bar.

From what I have read you are looking at 8hrs to install a body lift, some like them some don't, Wn wheels his truck pretty hard and he has a body lift. Just make sure you check the body to frame bolts every so often. Are they hard to install I would say 6 outta 10 and you will need a welder.

Last edited by merc225hp; 10-08-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:17 PM
ChillyPhil
All Star

It just looks like my front passenger side sags, or something is up with the brackets making it that way. Are you saying an adjustable track bar would fix that? I know it's down a good 1/2" - 3/4".

But ah well that'll be another day then. I need to find other ways to lift it if there is more choices than a body lift. If not I'm fine with a body lift. I just want my truck up a few more inches.

Old 10-08-2013, 01:36 PM
merc225hp
Champion

Some guys need to add a thin spacer to the one side of the truck to level it out, you might be one of them. Where the springs marked pass or drivers side? I have found that yes the track bar will make the truck sit different once it's all set up.

Lol a "few more inches" like total of "9-10" lift not including tires.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:03 PM
ChillyPhil
All Star

Some guys need to add a thin spacer to the one side of the truck to level it out, you might be one of them. Where the springs marked pass or drivers side? I have found that yes the track bar will make the truck sit different once it's all set up.

Lol a "few more inches" like total of "9-10" lift not including tires.
Not sure what you mean. I can only tell by the bumper gap between my headlights. I'll have to get a picture of it sometime.

And well 35s will only bring it up like 2" so I need some more lift before I get the tires so i'll have even more lift after I put them on.

Give me some ideas! Lol

Old 10-08-2013, 06:31 PM
topkin
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good. I like your choice in rims

Quick Reply: 5" Lift Is On!