2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

War with smog

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 11:40 PM
kaliconnect
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you for the input much appreciated and I bought one of two sensors today and I'm waiting to get a new cat before I get the other sensor so I can do it all in one day hopefully and the truck was bought brand new by a county here in California so I'm sure that was the original setup in gonna replace the Cat and Sensors and hope that it passes

Old 11-06-2013, 12:28 AM
Ram Driver
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I moved out of California over three years ago, and now live in Idaho. No smog checks required here were I live, and registration is real cheap also.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:46 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just cause it was bought brand new doesn't really mean, dealerships get cars and tracks from all over the place, trading and selling and swapping and stuff.

You should just send Chrysler your vin and they will give you your from the factory build sheet, good thing to have anyway

Old 11-06-2013, 07:23 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

the Federal emissions setup would have the cat on the passenger side (right side). it would have 2 O2 sensors. the 96 cat would be 2 input pipes and 1 output. the upstream O2 will be in the front of the cat at the Y. the downsteam O2 will be just after the cat and all of this stuff is on the passenger (right) side.

something to check before you spend a lot of money on O2's. following the wires up on top of the transmission and find the electrical connections. unplug them to check the shape - round or square. don't buy the wrong one's.

Quick Reply: War with smog