2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What to do to my white ram/Show me your pictures.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 10:34 PM
harlmolla001
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do to my white ram/Show me your pictures.

1998 1500 white 3" with 285s.

1. I'm thinking about painting the inner two cross bars on my grill black and leaving the outside shell white. (I have a non sport model with a color matched bumper and grill). I just want to change it up some. I like the aftermarket "wide mouth" grills, but I don't want to drop the money on them and then also have to paint the new one to match the old paint. I thought if I blacked out the inner cross it would give it a similar feel. Any thoughts, or actually much better would be pictures demonstrating any similar styles.

2. I am considering doing all my badges in a satin black. It looks awesome on new trucks, but im not sure how Id like it on an older body. Once again any pics would be greatly appreciated.

3. Has anyone painted their stock "chromed steel" version of the rims black, probably satin or matte.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:48 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,389 Likes on 3,129 Posts

Several folks have used Plasti-dip on their wheels. Actually looks pretty good.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:35 AM
ebxgsxr
Professional

can't go wrong with plasti dip. i'm going to try it on my chrome wheels eventually. i dipped the chrome grille & bumpers on my truck & it turned out better than expected. plus the best thing is, if you don't like it, you can peel it off.

Old 11-11-2013, 04:08 PM
grover2044
Amateur

I did my badges with Plastic-Dip, along with my door handles, rear bumper and front bumper. I like the look of it, door handles where your fingers go are a bit scraped up but still holding up.

Quick Reply: What to do to my white ram/Show me your pictures.