2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Terrible night

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 07:45 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Better watch your back.

Hope all goes well.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:37 AM
ChillyPhil
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, glad you got your stuff back man. If someone stole my truck and my quad was on back, I would honestly probably break down and cry. Then wanna kill whoever did it.

Old 11-26-2013, 09:25 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

OK, let me get this straight. Someone stole 2 of your trucks, one with a quad in the back....police are not being helpful because the trucks are not registered? Do you have the titles? If so, then they are your property regardless of being registered or not and they were stolen from your property. Plus they tore up your property.....To me that's grand theft auto, destruction of property, trespassing....probably a host of other charges.... Then a text with some "choice words" gets the perpetrator to return the stolen trucks? So a car thief gets a mulligan? At that point I would have called the police again and said I found the trucks and I was going to go retrieve them and I am armed. That would get their attention. What kind of place do you live where the cops don't get involved with stolen vehicles? Maybe I need to go back and read this again. Something don't make sense.

Last edited by jkeaton; 11-26-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:23 AM
97r/tram
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with this^

Old 11-26-2013, 11:11 AM
jpsycoboy5
Professional

Originally Posted by jkeaton
OK, let me get this straight. Someone stole 2 of your trucks, one with a quad in the back....police are not being helpful because the trucks are not registered? Do you have the titles? If so, then they are your property regardless of being registered or not and they were stolen from your property. Plus they tore up your property.....To me that's grand theft auto, destruction of property, trespassing....probably a host of other charges.... Then a text with some "choice words" gets the perpetrator to return the stolen trucks? So a car thief gets a mulligan? At that point I would have called the police again and said I found the trucks and I was going to go retrieve them and I am armed. That would get their attention. What kind of place do you live where the cops don't get involved with stolen vehicles? Maybe I need to go back and read this again. Something don't make sense.
I live in Saginaw mi the kid is barely 16. I'm 21 I have made a lot of poor decisions in life had my fair share of run ins with the cops and I would have done anything for someone to give me a mulligan and give me the chance to make stuff right. The cops didn't want to help me because 150+ miles from my home town so I had my mom call it in but they wanted her to drive 20 miles away to the state police so basically they have a generic report filed but we not willing to get up off there **** and do something here in Saginaw unless you have like a kilo of cocaine or something like that they honestly don't care. A couple years ago I was held at gun point called 911 the guy on the phone basically said I instigated it and didn't do anything it was 7 hours later the cops finally showed up to take a report

Old 11-26-2013, 11:34 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Wow....well good luck. I understand about the making stuff right thing, but d@mn, the kid stole two of your trucks...thats whats wrong with people these days....no accountability. Not teaching him a very good lesson, but to each his own. He's young and impressionable. Now he's got the impression he can steal things and not get in trouble for it.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:42 AM
jpsycoboy5
Professional

I basically told him the cops were there people saw the vehicle he was in they got tire prints and that I had a trail cam out there. I also told him he was looking at some serious charges and that I didn't wanna see some young kids life get ruined. I'm a very understanding forgiving person and I've lived by boys will be boys

Old 11-26-2013, 12:42 PM
ChillyPhil
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I couldn't live by that if two of my main toys were stolen.

I would at least have to beat their face in until they could barely move. I honestly would. I have too much wrapped up in my truck and racing quad.

People have to be taught a lesson for doing something like that. Glad everything's fine and settled though.

Old 11-26-2013, 01:27 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One time, someone broke into my house and stole everything I owned. The weird part is that the perpetrator replaced it all with an exact duplicate, so I was pretty cool with it.

Old 11-26-2013, 01:41 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Fish story?

Quick Reply: Terrible night