2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Terrible night

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 02:06 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^^^ More like insurance claim.

16yr old kid steals your two trucks and is now returning them. Hire a tow truck to go get them, don't wait for the kid to do it. I would not let the kid on your/the property, nor would I go on his, speak to his parents yet?

Old 11-26-2013, 05:52 PM
jpsycoboy5
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by merc225hp
^^^ More like insurance claim.

16yr old kid steals your two trucks and is now returning them. Hire a tow truck to go get them, don't wait for the kid to do it. I would not let the kid on your/the property, nor would I go on his, speak to his parents yet?
I tried getting ahold of the kids parents they basically just forwarded my calls and you all are right on the whole I should press charges but I have been in his shoes he agreed to meet with me tomorrow morning I'm gonna sit him down and give him some words of wisdom I would beat his face in but I'm 21 he's 16 and then I would be charged with assault on a minor. I'm really stuck between a rock and a hard place on wether or not I should turn it in to the cops they were returned nothing missing no damage but he didn't even apologize or seem like he appreciated the huge break I gave to him and his brother

Old 11-26-2013, 06:11 PM
merc225hp
Champion

I would not sit and talk with him at all, just asking for trouble. Either leave it be or hand it over to the law.

Old 11-26-2013, 06:36 PM
jpsycoboy5
Professional

Originally Posted by merc225hp
I would not sit and talk with him at all, just asking for trouble. Either leave it be or hand it over to the law.
Very true I guess I'll just let it rest I got the trucks and quad back nothing is gone I just really hope this kid learns from this and really understands how lucky he got if they were to throw the book at him he could be looking at upwards of 20 years and I really don't want that on my conscience I know he messed up and deserves repercussions to his actions because that's how we learn but I just believe everyone deserves one free pass in life hopefully he walks away from this and learned something other than he can get away with it

Old 11-26-2013, 06:50 PM
merc225hp
Champion

I think the new lawn sign should read "No trespassing" or you know the other one

Old 11-27-2013, 09:51 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

One of these:

Attached Thumbnails Terrible night-images_zpscd74d9c9.jpg  
Old 11-27-2013, 10:52 AM
jpsycoboy5
Professional

Originally Posted by jkeaton
One of these:

Hahaha definitely gonna have to see if I can find one of those

Old 11-27-2013, 05:45 PM
dman12323
Veteran

Hopefully that talk will go even and you can sort out all your problems. Its still messed up that he stole your trucks. And even if your talk goes well and he wants to be friends. Don't let him near your property as im almost sure he will steal something else behind your back. If I were you I would be getting multiple tracking devices and some security camera's. a "No trespassing" sign isn't going to do anything other than decorate your lawn. Once a thief always a thief until they grow out of it. The fact that he had the ***** to do it is amazing. This kid should contact my cousin they'll be one good crime duo in stealing. Glad you got it back though he'll still get bad karma over this.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:08 PM
ChillyPhil
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How'd it go?

Old 12-04-2013, 01:54 AM
jpsycoboy5
Professional

Originally Posted by ChillyPhil
How'd it go?
Not good at all, the first time I saw the trucks was also the same morning my grandpa passed away. I was handling everything alright until I saw they tore the crap out of my steering columns and smashed the rear passenger side windows. I just lost it like off the wall crazy went to the kids house I was heated I picked the wrong day to go deal with the trucks everything compounded and it just was not good. I'm pretty sure he now learned something from the whole matter I didn't physically touch him but he broke down crying so I think I got my point across.

Last edited by jpsycoboy5; 12-04-2013 at 10:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Terrible night