2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Sick and tired of my buddy's f-150!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 11:17 AM
dman12323
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The question is "is he really worth a race?' I say hook that chain up and show him what that 360 can do. In your signature you state that you have 4.56 gears and 35's.Thats more than enough to beat him out of a race or any chain pull. Shoot I got 33's and stock gearing and can still put a cocky Ford owner with there little fancy twin turbo back in there place. The last time I raced was my friends dad Ford F250 with that dual turbo and spit fire exhaust.lol I accelerated faster than he did, But he did catch up at about the end of the race...

Old 01-19-2014, 11:38 AM
Thornloe Pride
Captain

Originally Posted by AppelH
I have known people like that. Personally, I would never have called them friends, they were too high on their own ego that I wouldn't put up with them for more than five minutes. I'm not a big fan of street racing, like you said they are trucks. Especially with big tires, they just don't handle well enough. And as for this "pull-off" that sounds like you want to do, there are a ton of factors that goes into who wins. suspension geometry, weight transfer, type of tires, all determine who wins the traction battle, and that's really what it comes down too in my opinion, in trucks that are somewhat similar in power
He's a great guy when our trucks are not involved. It's usually only in public. He's that typical cocky ford owner kind of guy.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be able to destroy it based on your gearing alone. However dont let his case of little man syndrome mess with your head. As you said who cares if its fast? Its a truck its not supposed to be for racing.... I deal with chevy boys whom are just as ignorant it seems and I know what ya mean, its irritating! However just let them beat there own trucks and point and laugh when they break. You will win every time doing that, ask me how I know lol.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:48 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a friend who has the bigger triton motor. Its pretty fast I guess, for a truck. But compared to the torque my 360 spits out? Cant even tell its a v8.

He doesnt say anything anymore because I have pulled him out of a couple of mud puddles.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:53 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Let him keep it up, you just ignore it. One day his big mouth and bad driving habits will catch up with him. We had a 99 Ford pos F250 LD what a hunk of junk that truck was, that truck stayed with us for about a year before I got rid of it.

Last edited by merc225hp; 01-19-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:11 PM
BBartow
Captain

There was this one kid I went to highschool with who had a '99 Chevy with the 5.3L, he never stopped talking crap about my truck and how awesome his truck was. The best thing was that you could talk him into doing anything no matter how stupid and dangerous to his truck. The laughs I had over him breaking his truck was worth the times he talked crap.

I should pull a pic of his truck off facebook, the thing looked hilarious.

EDIT:
Sick and tired of my buddy's f-150!!-jzwdf19.jpg

Last edited by BBartow; 01-19-2014 at 01:25 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:51 PM
AppelH
Captain

Originally Posted by BBartow
There was this one kid I went to highschool with who had a '99 Chevy with the 5.3L, he never stopped talking crap about my truck and how awesome his truck was. The best thing was that you could talk him into doing anything no matter how stupid and dangerous to his truck. The laughs I had over him breaking his truck was worth the times he talked crap.

I should pull a pic of his truck off facebook, the thing looked hilarious.

EDIT:
I was going to say something along these lines. Encourage him to do stupid things. Try and get him stuck so you can pull him out. "If you truck is so bada** you should have no problem getting through that mud hole" *Points to mud hole the size of the grand canyon*. Etc.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:02 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AppelH
I was going to say something along these lines. Encourage him to do stupid things. Try and get him stuck so you can pull him out. "If you truck is so bada** you should have no problem getting through that mud hole" *Points to mud hole the size of the grand canyon*. Etc.
Only after he lets him sit there for an hour or two lol, then maybe with a cost of course.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:05 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by oxymoron29
I think you guys should break up and see different people. Insecurity levels are thru the roof
My sentiments exactly. Who the fu-youknowwhat cares? Ahhhh....the minor problems of the young kids these days.....I'm more worried about how I'm going to pay for two kids in college next year. Screw the immature asswipe that has to prove his manhood with his truck. I mean, come on.

Last edited by jkeaton; 01-19-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:12 PM
Thornloe Pride
Captain

His dad has a Chevy with the 5.3 and he is just as bad as his son. They both think they have the best truck in the world and nobody can touch them. It's kind of hilarious watching them bicker back and worth with the whole "my truck is better than your truck" scenario. My buddy's brother just bought a 4.7L Durango yesterday and his dad was like "not too bad for a dodge. I'll just go grab the wife's V6 explorer and show you a real truck."

I know off road I will do circles around him. I've pulled him out a few times. But off road/on road is sort of what I built my truck based off of. There's places I go that he can't and it makes him mad. I've tried telling him that its not a competition. We are out here to have some fun.

I'll be honest though, he beats his truck to the ground and its actually been pretty reliable for him. However, that's just poor maintenance and it needs A LOT of work and he neglects it. Just a matter of time I suppose

Quick Reply: Sick and tired of my buddy's f-150!!